Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 VE SS - "Contact Dealer - Stability Ctrl Off"

Kevin o7

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 ve ss
hey guys I have the same problem with my g8 gt 6.0 car will not start abs and traction control lights on contact dealer fuel pumps disabled, I put in a brand new battery and checked all fuses still wont start, any updates?
Hi , my cars has this problem right now and was wundering how to fix it, any ideas be apprieciated

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Had a Friend that had the same problem for his 2009 L76 VE Calais, he got caught out going to the airport,
got it towed home, Replace the Alternator a couple of days later, charged the battery up over night,
He returned from his holiday a few day later.
Has never faulted since, I did tell him to replace the battery, but he hasn't as yet, but it still starts and driver perfectly.
The Alternators are a common fault on VE's, so if you own a 2009 > 2011, say approx. 140,000 > 160,000 k/m
Now is the time to change the Alternator, and if its the original battery, change that too.
I have a 2012 L77 and its done 145,000 k/s and I change the battery last week,
But I am also going to purchase a Alternator and have it on hand, because its getting near the time to change it.

PS: Check to see what Codes it has created.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey guys I have the same problem with my g8 gt 6.0 car will not start abs and traction control lights on contact dealer fuel pumps disabled, I put in a brand new battery and checked all fuses still wont start, any updates?

Yours could also be a Transmission switch fault ?

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Had a Friend that had the same problem for his 2009 L76 VE Calais, he got caught out going to the airport,
got it towed home, Replace the Alternator a couple of days later, charged the battery up over night,
He returned from his holiday a few day later.
Has never faulted since, I did tell him to replace the battery, but he hasn't as yet, but it still starts and driver perfectly.
The Alternators are a common fault on VE's, so if you own a 2009 > 2011, say approx. 140,000 > 160,000 k/m
Now is the time to change the Alternator, and if its the original battery, change that too.
I have a 2012 L77 and its done 145,000 k/s and I change the battery last week,
But I am also going to purchase a Alternator and have it on hand, because its getting near the time to change it.

PS: Check to see what Codes it has created.
Just out of interest how tricky is it to change out the alternator in a VE 6litre? Would assume that you’d remove the main drive belt and take it out from the bottom?

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Yours could be a Transmission switch fault ?
Hopefully 2.5 years later #antec800 has got it sorted out.
Would be interesting to hear what the resolution was though.......alas he/she was last seen here Sept 10, 2016. (coudn't resist it)

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Actually its very easy, as follows
Disconnect the battery
Disconnect the MAF plug
Take off the Air Intake hose [2 x hose clamps ]
Remove the Belt [ take a photo of how its installed first ] ;)
Remove the Positive terminal that's on left tower [ behind the air box, other wise you WONT be able to remove the air box ]
[one nut at the bottom of it ]
Remove the Air Box [2 or 3 x torx screws ]
[This now gives you a heap of room to work, and lift the alternator out]
Remove the Power steering pump from the bracket, and let it lay to the front/side with out leaking fluid [2 or 3 bolts]
Unplug the alternator
Remove the bolt for the support bracket at the rear/back of the alternator [ 1 x bolt ]
Remove the Alternator [RED] Battery Cable.
Remove the bolts at the front of the alternator, and slide them out while supporting the alternator [2 x bolts]
You should be able to lift it out through the top.

Hint: When re-fitting the new one, loosen the alternator bracket from the engine, this will make it easier to re-fit the bolts for re-assembling it.
As soon as you get the alternator mounted, tighten the Alternator Bracket bolt
Then tighten the Actual Alternator Bolts [ 2 bolts ]
Refit the RED Battery Cable on the Back, and make sure its sitting correctly on the terminal when you tighten the nut up.
Re-assembling is the reverse of above [being generous with times, and not rushing it]
Removal is approx. 45 min
Re-assemble is approx. 45 min
Hint: Check all the bolts twice, you would hate to miss one.

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Actually its very easy, as follows
Disconnect the battery
Disconnect the MAF plug
Take off the Air Intake hose [2 x hose clamps ]
Remove the Belt [ take a photo of how its installed first ] ;)
Remove the Positive terminal that's on left tower [ behind the air box, other wise you WONT be able to remove the air box ]
[one nut at the bottom of it ]
Remove the Air Box [2 or 3 x torx screws ]
[This now gives you a heap of room to work, and lift the alternator out]
Remove the Power steering pump from the bracket, and let it lay to the front/side with out leaking fluid [2 or 3 bolts]
Unplug the alternator
Remove the bolt for the support bracket at the rear/back of the alternator [ 1 x bolt ]
Remove the bolts at the front of the alternator, and slide them out while supporting the alternator [2 x bolts]
You should be able to lift it out through the top.

Hint: When re-fitting the new one, loosen the alternator bracket from the engine, this will make it easier to re-fit the bolts for re-assembling it.
As soon as you get the alternator mounted, tight the Alternator Bracket bolt
Then tighten the Actual Alternator Bolts [ 2 bolts ]

Re-assembling is the reverse of above [being generous with times, and not rushing it]
Removal is approx. 45 min
Re-assemble is approx. 45 min
Hint: Check all the bolts twice, you would hate to miss one.
Cheers mate pretty simple indeed and I don’t need to worry about the air box either in my case as mine has an otr :)

djfreddiemeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore LPG V.6 3.6 (2009)
Hey guys,

Got in the car this morning, turned on everything normal, did notice the petrol was low... No biggy, ill get petrol at lunch???

As I arrived at work, the needle dropped and engine turned off leaving me to roll into a carpark..

The dash is now displaying error: "Contact Dealer - Stability Ctrl Off"
I took a quick vid of it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsxdhchw270ugag/2013-10-21 08.20.14.mp4
When I go to start the car, the head-unit loses power also, car wont start

Any suggestions?

edit: I did have it in reverse to push the car into the center of the park, that when I recorded it.

UPDATE: Put 20L fuel in, still nothing - error still showing
Unplugged battery for 10 minutes - error gone, ESP still showing as off
Car still not starting, when I go to turn it over, the lights and radio etc all turn off until I stop trying to turn it over... Hopefully its just a battery.
Had it toed to the dealership, just waiting on them to call me and tell me what the issue is.
My car has this problem right now, did you find out what caused?

djfreddiemeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
HELLO!! just signed up for this forum so im new i have a black ve sv6 2007 i have exacly the same problem as this car wont even try to crank batterys not flatt already gharged batter to full and tryied to jump it at holden at the moment they have scanned it and they are saying they are having trouble conecting to the emc or something. did you end up finding a fix to youre problem?? any help would be amazing. also i jsut got a new engine put in 20 mins before this happend to me,
engine has 116*** km on it and same thing it turned off and i roled to my house. but wont start now contact dealer abs light and stability controll is saying off.
Hey buddy!!

Did you end up fixing it? My car has this problem right now!!

djfreddiemeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi buddy!
Did you end up fixing it?? Can you please tell me what caused?