Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 VE Omega 11 engine fault codes (What do they mean)

Dave G.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 3Ltr Commodore sedan
HI.
I have a Commodore 3Ltr (Omega series 2) Auto sedan with a starting issue, (Basic information) Vehicle was driving great, after stopping at a local shop and attempting to drive away the car had no throttle response, ran like I had 2 plug leads off, but I still had power steering, turned on and off a few times and everything came good so I headed for home.

I didn't make it, taking off from traffic lights I got no throttle response, shaking a little again, and just stopped, it would crank over strongly without issue but wouldn't run, RACQ attended and got error code like a fault line between ecu and fuel pump, so towing home was my only option.

Got it to son's place and connected diagnostic tool to search codes and got the following: (sorry for long speech, just trying to give as much detail as I can)
PO 23. (Turbo charger/ supercharger solenoid A low (vehicle is standard 3 Ltr v6, )
PO 69. Clutch switch ECM ( vehicle is standard Auto)
Po651. Sensor reference voltage circuit open

Have checked Crankshaft sensor and Cam shaft sensors and both are okay, my next step is to check fuel filter and fuel pump.

Thanks in Advance for any suggestions and concerns,

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Try a different (better) scan tool.

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
If the codes read are meant to be shown as the following it makes sense, as mentioned a better scan tool maybe needed

P0230 Fuel Pump Primary Circuit
P069E Fuel Pump Control Module Requested MIL Light

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
HI.
I have a Commodore 3Ltr (Omega series 2) Auto sedan with a starting issue, (Basic information) Vehicle was driving great, after stopping at a local shop and attempting to drive away the car had no throttle response, ran like I had 2 plug leads off, but I still had power steering, turned on and off a few times and everything came good so I headed for home.

I didn't make it, taking off from traffic lights I got no throttle response, shaking a little again, and just stopped, it would crank over strongly without issue but wouldn't run, RACQ attended and got error code like a fault line between ecu and fuel pump, so towing home was my only option.

Got it to son's place and connected diagnostic tool to search codes and got the following: (sorry for long speech, just trying to give as much detail as I can)
PO 23. (Turbo charger/ supercharger solenoid A low (vehicle is standard 3 Ltr v6, )
PO 69. Clutch switch ECM ( vehicle is standard Auto)
Po651. Sensor reference voltage circuit open

Have checked Crankshaft sensor and Cam shaft sensors and both are okay, my next step is to check fuel filter and fuel pump.

Thanks in Advance for any suggestions and concerns,
Being a 2012,
I’m tipping its the tank unit, which will be part of the fault,

As mentioned above, see if you can get it scanned with another unit.

Dave G.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 3Ltr Commodore sedan
Thank you for all the input I have received, I have found a reputable local mechanical workshop and have made arrangements for a diagnosis / repair costing for next week.

It certainly doesn't sound like something I'm willing or capable to tackle in my son's driveway.

I will post the findings once there revealed in the hope it may assist someone else who comes across this same issue.
Again, I appreciate the input / advice I have received.
Safe Driving
Dave