Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PLEASE HELP!! VE SSV- o2 sensor codes after being replaced.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Thanks mate much appreciated this answer seems to be the common among the many so I think I’ll go from there iv had a mate load the tune on his laptop so he can see and make adjustments if needed with his software hopefully that’s all it is!
things have changed with hptuners and some settings like the disabling rear 02's isnt there now but there are some other ways around it i think or u need a earlier hpt version

Benny ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
things have changed with hptuners and some settings like the disabling rear 02's isnt there now but there are some other ways around it i think or u need a earlier hpt version
Okay Iv got no clue at all how that all works mate but if for some reason my mate can’t work out how to get them switched off as your saying I’ll post back and ask for a rundown of a work around??

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Okay Iv got no clue at all how that all works mate but if for some reason my mate can’t work out how to get them switched off as your saying I’ll post back and ask for a rundown of a work around??
see how u go, id have to see the tune file in hpt to know what can be done

Benny ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
see how u go, id have to see the tune file in hpt to know what can be done
Okay mate if he can’t sort it I’ll get onto u maybe I could send it to u to have a look at if need be would be much appreciated as I’m not in anyway geared for car troubleshooting haha

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
It wasn’t genuine i can’t remember the brand??
Try a genuine Bosch sensor.
A lot of aftermarket sensors fail early or don't actually play nicely with the emission system.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Try a genuine Bosch sensor.
A lot of aftermarket sensors fail early or don't actually play nicely with the emission system.
all sensors will still cause the same fault, its the movement of the rear sensor feedback that goes outside the set limits for an emission compliant engine like stock, with cam and full exhaust it shows too much movement so the limits of the movement min/max have to be widened so ecu dosnt trigger code or disable them

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
all sensors will still cause the same fault, its the movement of the rear sensor feedback that goes outside the set limits for an emission compliant engine like stock, with cam and full exhaust it shows too much movement so the limits of the movement min/max have to be widened so ecu dosnt trigger code or disable them
I think he replaced the primary sensor.

Benny ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I think he replaced the primary sensor.
I replaced (bank 1 sensor 2) it was replaced with a OEX brand sensor?
My mate has loaded the tune onto his laptop and I’m seeing him over next couple of days hopefully he can see what needs to be switched off as he had same idea as you about them not turning off everything during the tune

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Just keep in mind, some codes will be there when they shouldn't be when you scan.

Ie one of my cars, has no fault codes up currently, but when I scan it, there are about 6 or 7 that will show.