Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PLEASE HELP!! VE SSV- o2 sensor codes after being replaced.

Benny ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
So if its mafless your bank 1 sensor 2 isnt in use so will show a fault code and your maf will show a code.
Something else is going on
But that shouldn’t be making engine light come on should it? They are the only two coming up when running diagnostic?

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
If the codes have been turned off correctly in the tune side of things then you should not get an engine light for those codes ever. They would still appear as a permanant code with something like hptuners, but your run of the mill obd2 scanner, and even most scanners a workshop uses wont pull them up.

Benny ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
If the codes have been turned off correctly in the tune side of things then you should not get an engine light for those codes ever. They would still appear as a permanant code with something like hptuners, but your run of the mill obd2 scanner, and even most scanners a workshop uses wont pull them up.
So In saying that it’s likely that when the tune was done they wernt switched off? And does that mean I need to get a complete retune or can they just access the old tune and switch them off? Sorry if that’s a dumb question I’m not to switched on with all this stuff.. also not sure if u saw in first post but when I first replaced the o2 sensor it was accually physically damaged and bent which was odd as it was inside the exhaust obviously which lead to the potential that the catalytic converter may be on the way out and some debris may of hit it on way through??

Benny ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
So In saying that it’s likely that when the tune was done they wernt switched off? And does that mean I need to get a complete retune or can they just access the old tune and switch them off? Sorry if that’s a dumb question I’m not to switched on with all this stuff.. also not sure if u saw in first post but when I first replaced the o2 sensor it was accually physically damaged and bent which was odd as it was inside the exhaust obviously which lead to the potential that the catalytic converter may be on the way out and some debris may of hit it on way through??
Sorry wikitune didn’t realise it was you that responded to first post haha that was u that came to conclusion about the cats disregard last bit of previous reply haha

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Yeah as I said earlier this is all speculation without actual codes and data. Can you post a picture of your engine bay and also a close up of the headers. I want to see if the maf is still in there and if it still has standard manifolds/headers mated up to an xforce rear system

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Also the HVAC won’t be causing this problem.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Was the replaced oxy sensor a genuine sensor?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
with camshaft and full exhaust the rear 02's should be ignored so they shouldnt bring up a code, so that wasnt done properly or more codes like heater or cat efficiency maby need to be disabled also, whatever the exhaust related codes are needs to be ignored (set to no error report) front 02's need to stay operating, the MAF code will always be there but no ses light for it that is whats needed for mafless to operate properly

Benny ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yeah as I said earlier this is all speculation without actual codes and data. Can you post a picture of your engine bay and also a close up of the headers. I want to see if the maf is still in there and if it still has standard manifolds/headers mated up to an xforce rear system
Update: had a mate come over and he done diagnostic is is giving codes P00154 o2 heater circuit malfunction
P0102 mass air flow sensor voltage low

He also plugged laptop in and downloaded the tune so he can go over it and see exactly what’s going on and will get back to me next couple of days he wiped codes and they have stayed off for more then 24 hours which is a win so far! Haha I took the photos you asked for wititune but it won’t allow me to attach file saying it’s too big to post??
Thanks mate

Benny ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
with camshaft and full exhaust the rear 02's should be ignored so they shouldnt bring up a code, so that wasnt done properly or more codes like heater or cat efficiency maby need to be disabled also, whatever the exhaust related codes are needs to be ignored (set to no error report) front 02's need to stay operating, the MAF code will always be there but no ses light for it that is whats needed for mafless to operate properly
Thanks mate much appreciated this answer seems to be the common among the many so I think I’ll go from there iv had a mate load the tune on his laptop so he can see and make adjustments if needed with his software hopefully that’s all it is!