Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2015 VF SV6

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
What if most people expect that if you drive an over-10-year or over-160k-km car off a dealer lot, the dealer washes their hands of it & all risk is on you?
I’d try and educate their ignorant views and thus raise their expectations and thus the level of legal protections we have :p:p:p

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ah, but until you manage to convince enough people, then what most people expect is all that matters!!
:p

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Ah, but until you manage to convince enough people, then what most people expect is all that matters!!
:p
Understanding how the law is structured and what protections it can provide is a good start for most “average” people to then work things out for themselves as to what is reasonable :cool:

However reaching the masses to move the target is difficult but it all has to start somewhere for meaningful change to be effected.

In any case, each tribunal decision is individual and arguably the average consumer and average seller are sitting in the court room so the judge decides if the consumer indeed has ”average” expectations ;) and oddly the judge doesn’t take a poll of consumers in deciding what is average so it really comes down to how things are argued :p:oops:

As is, there have already been a number of rulings within various states that have moved the bar in favour of the consumer. Let’s not do the dealers dirty work for them and convince people ACL is useless and 10 year old cars don’t have any warranty.

ACL has its shortcomings (no punitive damages for egregious business behaviours for example) but it’s the best protection we consumers have :cool:

Bluesky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60TH ANNIVERSARY
1000km hmmmm, supposing that rule applies in NSW, that would explain the 2 tanks of 98 fuel advice LoL. 2 or 3 tanks and you have exceeded the warranty period. I avoid car dealers like the plague.
Speaking of car dealers...the dude at the dealer where i purchased my VE from said they'd "mail me all the service records and related documents"... Bruh its been 3.5 fcking years and i'm still waiting... so i basically bought a car with no service history...

Note- Dude who sold me the car quit his job a few months after i purchased the vehicle and became a twitch streamer lol