Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 SSV REDLINE VF - Price to sell

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
They actually arent that bad, they pull very well for what they are, can't say I have had to slow down around corners when doing the speed limit. They actually have a pretty wide track.
I've towed race cars with V8 Landcruiser's and they're not too bad but a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT smokes them into the next postcode. I don't know what an SRT's like with a caravan but they're brilliant towing a large car trailer. The 6.4 litre Hemi (350kw) is a strong engine probably more so than a stock LS3!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had an XJ 4.0 and it pulled my old caravan no worries. I'd say pulling power of that equalled my 6.0. Those V8 Hemis have a lot of torque.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I've towed race cars with V8 Landcruiser's and they're not too bad but a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT smokes them into the next postcode. I don't know what an SRT's like with a caravan but they're brilliant towing a large car trailer. The 6.4 litre Hemi (350kw) is a strong engine probably more so than a stock LS3!
… and it surely can’t use more fuel when towing 3.5tonnes than it does just driving along with just the driver as the only load!

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
I would imagine they drink even more than a landcruiser? I believe the new landcruisers are a V6 twin turbo and pump out a lot more than the V8 one which is also turbocharged.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
… and it surely can’t use more fuel when towing 3.5tonnes than it does just driving along with just the driver as the only load!
Towing with the SRT on the open road was about the same economy as driving around town unladen, by memory it was about 11.5 litres/100km's. I've had worse towing economy from crew cab diesel utes revving and loading them hard to get up hills, pass trucks etc. Decent powered tow vehicles you're not pushing them that hard to maintain the speed limit up hills and passing as you do if they're under powered.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
I'm still trying to figure out why you need nice shiny recovery boards strapped to the side of your nice shiny 4x4 in the shopping centre car park??????
Just living the dream bro.

Spent a few days over on Kangaroo Island last month. Group of 10 of us, and my VF SV6 was one of 2 cars we had, so driving all over the island with a full car load of 5 people. Over 100km on dirt roads, including some it had no business being on and it didn't skip a beat.

The looks of disbelief from the 3 blokes in their jacked up Hilux's and LandCruisers's dripping with more ARB gear than my car was worth, as I pulled up to Stokes Bay from the off-road tracks made it all worth while :)

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The looks of disbelief from the 3 blokes in their jacked up Hilux's and LandCruisers's dripping with more ARB gear than my car was worth, as I pulled up to Stokes Bay from the off-road tracks made it all worth while :)
I had a laugh at a bloke with a tricked out Hilux at Bunnings. He was towing a trailer to carry half as much gear as I could fit in my VF SV6 "proper" ute. Those crew cab utes aren't a ute's bootlace unless you're taking 3 mates bush bashing with your esky!