Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 SSV Redline

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Who knows how high the dyno’s set-up to read? Could easily be >10% high. The number means nothing, it never did (well not since dynos started being used for a dual tuning & marketing purpose … the 80’s?).

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
yea on roller dyno most i ever seen was under the 300 for all boltons, the VF seemed to make more stock but just didnt gain as much, then camshaft got it to the 330ish range,
That's about right on a Dyno Dynamics 450 roller dyno. The best we've ever had with bolt on's and camshaft was 344kw with a Motec M150 ECU plug & play ECU development playing with individual cylinder spark and fuel trim and injection timing. We got another 11kw over the OEM ECU tune. We've never seen bolt on's exceed 300kw either.

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
That's about right on a Dyno Dynamics 450 roller dyno. The best we've ever had with bolt on's and camshaft was 344kw with a Motec M150 ECU plug & play ECU development playing with individual cylinder spark and fuel trim and injection timing. We got another 11kw over the OEM ECU tune. We've never seen bolt on's exceed 300kw either.
yea dyno dynamics, my GTS with full boltons and 1.8RR only got 268rkw before i went boosted which i feel was pretty fair, and i think bout the 320rkw is where stock pump or injectors start to run out but may be better in the VF

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
yea dyno dynamics, my GTS with full boltons and 1.8RR only got 268rkw before i went boosted which i feel was pretty fair, and i think bout the 320rkw is where stock pump or injectors start to run out but may be better in the VF
There's definitely overhead in the VF injectors, they are 42# and currently on 98 my WOT (350rwkw) sees 75% DC.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I thought that the car makes whatever power number is on the badge you can get on fleabay!! I put 1,000,000 on mine and it will beat anyone now!

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I thought that the car makes whatever power number is on the badge you can get on fleabay!! I put 1,000,000 on mine and it will beat anyone now!

Is that DIN or SAE?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Dynos don't really read "high" it depends on what correction factors they're using.

330kw for some bolt on **** and a tune is pretty good.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Dynos don't really read "high" it depends on what correction factors they're using.

thats if it starts about the 280kw stock, when we first ran mine up stock but with cold air intake not tuned it made 220-230kw i think it was, no matter the end result tho it usually gains around the 30-40kw for boltons no matter the start point, there is always a limit to the stock camshaft no matter the intake or exhaust used

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute

There's no measurement standard for dynos like there is for a tape measure or weight scales, they can read whatever the dyno manufacturer likes. Dyno Dynamics fixed the correction factor issue in 2000 with Shootout Mode where correction factors can't be altered other than placing the ambient air temp sensor in the engine bay for a higher reading that'll show on the dyno sheet, ambient air temp 120 degrees on a 25 degree day.

Hub dynos read significantly higher for example a particular car reading 236kw on a hub dyno and 194kw on a roller dyno. The most difficult cars to get consistent readings on a roller dyno due to wheel spin, are automatics exceeding 350kw with high stall converters and low diff ratios.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
when we first ran mine up stock
Have you seen the guys who do the stock run at 3/4 throttle for a low reading then full throttle after the bolt on's and tune!