Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cylinder failure (lost compression) no warranty VF SSV Redline

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I resent the insinuation that Plumbers bang people hard and householders just pay. Please don't tar us all with the same brush.
The big firms charge the big bucks but I am a one man band and frankly I'd probably earn more with less hassle and responsibility if I just went and worked for one of the big Plumbing firms. Not all of us are rip of merchants.
I normally find that the big tip is to not use a franchise (Midas, Pedders, etc). The franchise owner makes all the money and are constantly pushing the franchisees to increase profits (so the owner can take them).

It paints the franchisee into a corner, either screw your customers over or go broke and hand the franchise onto the next sucker who quickly finds out the same equation.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I normally find that the big tip is to not use a franchise (Midas, Pedders, etc). The franchise owner makes all the money and are constantly pushing the franchisees to increase profits (so the owner can take them).

It paints the franchisee into a corner, either screw your customers over or go broke and hand the franchise onto the next sucker who quickly finds out the same equation.

Hit the nail on the head....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
It's disgustingly wrong for a business to think they're entitled to rip women off
20 years ago I fitted a ceiling fan for a young lady in her house and when I was finished she come out of her bedroom NAKED and she told me "I dont have the money to pay for it" So I raced out of the House, came home and told my wife and all I was thinking about was a similar situation where my friend was in as he raced out of the house doing other work to fix somthing that I forgot and she complained to the Police that he touch me.
This was enough for me as till today I will never ever go to anyone house where a woman is in there by herself. By the way the Police dropped the Charges the day before his trial. Dont worry woman can rip men off big time

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Dont worry woman can rip men off big time
Indeed they can, but I'm referring to the assumption that women are likely to be mechanically naive to purposely overcharge them for repairs.

About 7 or 8 years ago, we had an engine management issue with an Iveco truck towing our race car transporter and took it an Iveco dealer in rural NSW. I spoke to a bloke at the service counter who told me they'd have a look at our truck straight away. A few minutes later, a woman came out and re-affirmed they'd look at our truck first up assuming she normally worked the service counter. About 10 minutes later, the same woman came out wearing overalls carrying their diagnostic scanner and discovered that she was a mechanic and their electronics guru!

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I know men that keep going to Thailand to meet women. After bringing them to Australia they wonder why their bank account is tens of thousands of dollars lighter.
I think the old Latin term is caveat emptor? (Let the buyer beware)

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I know men that keep going to Thailand to meet women. After bringing them to Australia they wonder why their bank account is tens of thousands of dollars lighter.
I think the old Latin term is caveat emptor? (Let the buyer beware)
A bit off topic, but a mate of mine married a Thai woman with the idea she'd be easy going deeply appreciating the much better life he gave her. She ended up the most high maintenance, money hungry, controlling pain in the butt person imaginable!