Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

241Kw V6 Camaro

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
So its 6kw off what the LS6 managed in 2003 and doesnt have the same torque. In a car thats 400kg heavier.

Win...

What does weight have to do with it? And why is it a win when comparing it to something that's 8 years old? I would expect better in that time tbh. Considering the V8 SS was making 195kw in 1997 and just 10 years later the V6 was equaling and bettering it.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
What does weight have to do with it? And why is it a win when comparing it to something that's 8 years old? I would expect better in that time tbh. Considering the V8 SS was making 195kw in 1997 and just 10 years later the V6 was equaling and bettering it.

Do you even read what you post, or do you just go all Peter Griffin on us?

And Kieran is right.
If the chassis weighed the same as the earlier models MAYBE it would be interesting. But its not, so its really no better then an emotec performance wise.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4

Ever heard of sarcasm?

Weight has a lot to do with it. Imagine 500hp in a 2500kg car, then 500hp in a 1200kg car, which would go quicker???

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
With extra wieght comes extra comfort and safety. Plus with the V6 you'd get heaps better fuel economy, milage and cheaper insurance costs. 241kw is pretty impressive for a V6. Considering the L98 only made an extra 30ish kw over the ls6 since 2003 it's not that bad.

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
bolt a couple of turbos up for a bit of fun.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
This motor will be nice in the future weight reduced V Something.

this is good for those of us that like 6's, but when does the family engine power craze stop, 300kw ?.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
With extra wieght comes extra comfort and safety. Plus with the V6 you'd get heaps better fuel economy, milage and cheaper insurance costs. 241kw is pretty impressive for a V6. Considering the L98 only made an extra 30ish kw over the ls6 since 2003 it's not that bad.

Thats some interesting logic there... You cant compare the v6 to the ls6 or l98 really the torque curve and power curves are very different. The way the two motors drive is very different. The only people who will genuinly believe that the extra top end power is anything worth writing home about, are the same people who continuously quote motor magazine performance statistics. Before some noob jumps up and down. Yes i've had the misfortune of enduring the mind numbing custard teasing performance that is an MY10 sv6. Numbers mean nothing.