Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 mods

H

harrop.senator

Turbo 700s not bad 3-4 clutch packs week. A hd-2 kits a good cheap solution to buy only one product has a nice boost valve adjustable shims for intensity of line pressure. Add a Kevlar band Alto red frictions and a billet servo amd they do alright. .... As long as an accumulator Spring doesn't break. $8 Spring cost me a whole built box lol.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
We run vl n/a diff with vn guts in it and vn axles with 15mm extra spline added and the ends trimmed off

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Shiftkit will make car feel more lively..you'll love it.

Make sure has a decent sized transcooler & later on if want to go crazy put in higher stall convertor

Delco..scavenged parts to build a vl housing,4.11 lsd with trimmed vn axles like that still ended up $400-$500 but F.A spline left on long axle.

Anything vk or vl in Sydney is $$$$$$$$$

Try calling gearexhange or perhaps Shift Right to see what options you have.

Next diff I'll probably get narrowed down for wider wheels now that axles cost same as custom jobs

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
We run 10.50 1/4s on that little bit of spline lol will last ages

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'd question the memcal fitted before looking at anything else.

304VKCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK Calais 304
I'd question the memcal fitted before looking at anything else.
I asked the tuner and he replied with the below. I will test it one notch either way and see what it does.

“Yours is cable correct? You need to adjust the kickdown cable. Has nothing to do with the ecu on vn-vp. Redline it depends on combo but stock engines 6000rpm cammed 6500rpm.”

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
RPM limit has nothing to do with the ability to do a burnout which a stock 304 in a early girl combo should be able to do no problem at all.

Adjust the TV cable as recommended earlier and see what happens. IF that does not make any difference try advancing the base timing to say 12°BTDC and see if there is any change.

304VKCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK Calais 304
It’s not about be able to do a burn out. If I hold the brake then yeah sure it spins. I just used breaking traction as an example as I expected it should break traction if I floor it from a standing start. Should it not?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The TV cable controls the line pressure in the box, if it's not adjusted correctly the box will slip which will effect how the power from the engine is transferred to the drive train.

Yeah I would expect it should light up the rear tyres from a standing start without needing the brakes.

304VKCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK Calais 304
A0C5540F-521F-41FD-9008-DD86313D17D3.jpeg

Ok so this is it at the moment. It’s quite tight but won’t click any more at full throttle. Should I loosen it 1 click and test and just keep going?