Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6.0l Brake Failure with cammed engine

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
gee, never heard of this, Im getting my auto cammed soon, so ill pass this on to my tuner and see what he says...that would be fkn scary to be honest knowing you have a braking issue!!
ill keep u posted

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Cheers mate, hope you don't have the same issues

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thread dig.......

But I'm having the same issue and am looking at a Vac pump. Anyone else had this and sucessfully resolved the issue?

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
i had a vacuum tank on my ls1 when i had it cammed etc... it did work but for not very long, under heavy braking loads etc it would just fail, and when i was idling at the lights i had to keep rpm up to keep vacuum, very annoying

but as they say its all in the tune, i had a **** tuner back then and now in my cammed ls3 no issues

DSC00661.jpg

12102008424.jpg

redneck08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
they're just **** brakes to begin with. i got manual and I'm always getting brake fade. plus with the common reservoir for the clutch fluid i have my abs go off its face every time I'm on the limit of locking up the fronts and down shift. i threw set of slotted rotors and decent pads on the front and they did make a fair difference. you could probably upgrade and get some of the redline brembo things but they're just left overs gm had when the G8 got assholed

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have the Harrop Monster kit installed - 4 Pot front and rear, Braided lines, high temp pads & fluid, the whole shee-bang. Its not brake fade issue, at least that would be easy to identify and fix.

So after some searching, the solutions seem to be
- Vacuum Pump
- Vacuum tank
- Retune

Anyone have an idea on which would be the best, or possibly all 3?

K-Man