Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BiggleBus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 3.6 Sv6
Yeah thanks for the help but I will probably just rebuild my V6 if it's gonna be too hard

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
A decent performance rebuild of an Alloytec will not give you much change from $10-$15k

You could do some yourself to get costs down.

Cams
Oil pump
CPR6 intake plenum
Valve springs and seals
Ported heads
Turbo
Exhaust
Tune

BiggleBus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 3.6 Sv6
Would the oil pump and ported heads fix the whole oil starvation problems?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Would the oil pump and ported heads fix the whole oil starvation problems?
If you have oil starvation issues, the only way to sort that at a minimum is to sump off. Clean pick up. Front off to do oil pump. Do chains while you’re at it because they all have to come off to get to the oil pump.
If you have an issue, the cars service history will be questionable. These cars need oil changes every 7500 now they are older. Holdens 15000 was not adequate long term, but was for the new car warranty period. Oil changes out of warranty were probably 20-30k on many cars. Then the insides are gunged up. PCV was too small and things got worse. Oil leaks start as crank case pressure couldn’t exit.
(There is a fix for that in the HowTo section.) gunked up motor then has blockages around the tensioners causing failing chains.

The problem with these motors are the owners. Not the engines.

A rebuild would be expected to sort a gunked up engine properly. Or start doing oil changes with 5W40 diesel oil. Every 5000-7500. Filter changes every 2500.

BiggleBus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 3.6 Sv6
I just had the chains done, then the engine started to knock and seized up. I haven't yet diagnosed why but I believe it was due to oil starvation as the heads, chains, cams, and intake is all still ok. I bought a second one which also had this problem and will use the 2 to make 1 good one. The oil was very sparkly so something went wrong.