Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7th Generation Video Game Consoles

Which one would you choose?

• Microsoft XBOX 360

Votes: 32 21.9%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • Sony Playstation 3

Votes: 67 45.9%
  • PC

Votes: 34 23.3%

• Total voters

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Between my brother and I we allways get all three, he's had the xbox 360 almost a year now and haven't really used it at all yet! (still prefering the ps2). It seems the PS3 will be the winner, I think the Nintendo will do very well too. The PS2 proved itself over the years to be the best console so far I think, what can you say about GT4 and Enthusia racing apart from droolage :D. it so owned the original xbox in the last couple of years once the programers got their head around it

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
pc long live socket 939 hahaha but if i cant upgrade my pc id take ps3

itchy pits

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz
pc all the way cause they are better to play First Player Shooters wif and better to play online wif

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i would choose... NONE :p
BORRING!!

actually, PC.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I've owned many of each of the 6th Generation consoles (Dreamcast, PS2, XBOX and Gamecube), the only one I've ended up holding onto is the XBOX (this is my second one - broke the network port don't ask) because I put a 120GB hard drive in it, it's running Linux/XBOX Media Centre and it kicks complete arse.. most powerful of the 6th Generation, and it's got emulators so I can play NES (got 10,785 roms), SNES (got 6766 roms), N64 (got 160 roms), Arcade (got 13GB+ roms) and more, the games for it aren't that bad either but I hardly play them, use it for it's other functionality.. Any type of media I throw at it, it can just play, has 720p/1080i output and 5.1 digital surround which isn't that spectacular but it's alright.

I've pre-ordered and am picking up my Wii on Thursday, the reason I chose it is because for too long video game system have been the same, and if Nintendo didn't make the Wii-remote they still would be (Sony copied the idea for their sixaxis controller at the last minute). XBOX 360 to me brings nothing new, just updated graphics.. though I would like the HD-DVD drive for it for my Computer (plug and play!). When the PS3 gets cheaper and better build quality (LOL @ Sony) I might get one because it would make full use of the HDTV and 7.1 we have, and using it as a computer would be alright however the Wii is only 480p and 5.1, but the controller is the reason I'm getting one.. and I know I should be saving up for the computer upgrades (got the x2 3800 sitting here in it's box waiting for motherboard/graphics/ram/case/psu/hard drives/optical drives/everything) but it's too tempting, if I don't like it on eBay it might end up lol

Whoever said that the PC will be able to emulate XBOX 360, PS3 or Wii must be on drugs, that will take at least 15 years to happen. They're no where near full speed 6th Generation emulation yet and it's been nearly 7 years (except for Dreamcast but it's buggy as hell).

Last edited:

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
PC. They can always be upgraded and people have never lost interest in the PC

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I'd probably go for the Sony Playstation 3 if I had to choose one. I've always had playstations. But I'm happy with my PS2.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
I'd go PS3. I've got the first two, may as well complete the triology :p

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
im gonna get the ps3 ive had the ps1 and still got my ps2 when i get my ps3 im gonna put my ps2 in my commodore should be fun go for a cruise get sick of driving park the car start playin ps2:thumbsup:

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
I'd go PS3. I've got the first two, may as well complete the triology :p

...ditto.... nitendo? pfft yeh i agree they should leave gaming consoles to the people who know what they are doing.... gamecube OMG how pathetic was that??!!