Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I can't believe how silly some of the QLDers are with these storms.....Driving through the flooded roads.

Anyone that lives there would know what roads flood, how quick they flood and the way around...But noooo, they insist on driving into them and wonder why they get stranded....

I hope the insurance companies refuse to cough up for repairs or replacements....

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Dude, I can't believe you are advocating for insurance companies, the literal bottom feeders of the car world.

They look for any reason not to pay people for legimate reasons and when someone who pays them every year finally gets caught out, then you are saying, they shouldn't pay.

If I paid my $2000 per year, I should be muthafuking moses and the water should part for me.

Mate I'm not a fan of insurance companies, but honestly do you enjoy funding people like this, that drive into flood waters, knowing damn well there is a 99% chance of them being stuck there?

Anyone that goes around the areas in Brisbane that are flooding, know that it floods....Geez, I went around those areas 26 years ago and they flooded back then....Nothing has changed....So it's not a case of being caught out...It's plain stupidity and advocating for insurance companies should be justified for once

BTW, part of the reason your premiums are so high, is because of people like I have described....Insurance companies have to find the cash somewhere to cover stupidity and unfortunately sensible people are the ones covering them

Last edited:

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
You are thinking about the world from the perspective of a motoring enthusiast and assuming everyone has the same level of understanding of cars as you. You have to remember, most people don't know what happens under the bonnet. They see footage of cars pushing through water and think they can do it.

Mechanics are magicians that make cars going brrrmmmm.

You and I understand the damage that water can do but remember, we are enthusiasts and probably make up 2% of the population in Australia.
Anybody ever heard of common sense?
You don't have to stick your hand in the fire, to know it's going to get burnt

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Anybody ever heard of common sense?

Unfortunately that human gene has been eliminated during recent evolution. Thank TV, social media and fast food outlets for that.
You don't have to be an car enthusiast to have half a brain, and consider "what happens if I ....."

Growing up in the country, with few sealed roads, and just after the dinosaurs died out, it was common knowledge that, if you came onto a flooded road, you got out and walked it first (no crocodiles in SWQld) to find out how deep, any holes, water flow and if it was almost quicksand, then either go back or proceed slowly with caution.
Getting bogged was to be avoided, not a weekend fun activity in your lifted 4WD.
I am amazed at news clips showing cars hitting water at 60kmh, and then stopping, drivers sitting on the window sills and waiting for the SES to rescue them.
A Newcastle bus stranded near the University with passengers, and water up to the windows, a few weeks ago, ........... well, enough said. :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Ok Brisvegas, look out. It's hailing in Toowoomba right now at 2.PM
I think the Gold Coast may have missed it again. But there's always next time.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You are thinking about the world from the perspective of a motoring enthusiast and assuming everyone has the same level of understanding of cars as you. You have to remember, most people don't know what happens under the bonnet. They see footage of cars pushing through water and think they can do it.

Mechanics are magicians that make cars going brrrmmmm.

You and I understand the damage that water can do but remember, we are enthusiasts and probably make up 2% of the population in Australia.

You don't have to be a motoring enthusiast or mechanic to understand, you don't drive through water...All that is needed is common sense, which is plain these people in Brissy don't have, by driving through a flooded roadway and getting stuck....

So why should insurance companies pay out on claims by these people?