Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS and standstill burnouts

B

blofly

Stewart1000 said:
crawls forward, hrmmmmm
is your accelerator all the way to the floor.

after the F.I.T. package is installed youll have no problems ay.
just after the package you will probably **** your diff doing them and gearbox, unless it comes with new diff and box, not to mention everything else between flywheel and rear wheels

yep the accelerator was to the floor and the shift lever was in first gear.
I am also planning on istalling a KAAZ LSD, Billet servo and stage 2 shift kit to the tranny as well as fitting a large after market transmission cooler

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
any peoples having problems doing burnouts in their ecotecs?
bit of motor oil / grease wiped over tires, will work wonders.
naturally you won't do a burnout on public road, just remember to let officials know what you are doing at dragstrip so they can clean track afterwards!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
....and for the sake of everyone else on the roads DO NOT even think about putting oil anywhere near a public road, not even using the same tyres you put oil on. THANKS!

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
yes it is a little harder to spin irs but doesnt do that much..
i have problem not spining them especialy on corners. lmao

with irs jus tilt the steering wheel a bit to one side.. and away she screams.

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
thats why I said 'when you're at the drags'
i've got 5 grand kids - two have died in motoring accidents.

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X 6cyl 4spd, soon to be a Mild 253
well when me and my bro were in my vh when i first got it, it had trouble doin skids in the dirt but when my family werent at home i had a try and it lit up not worries and another time when i washed my car in my back yard i revesed it out onto the road so i could manuvour it into position so i could get it in my yard and i got to the kirb and without even touching the brake let-alone barely touching the accelerator the wheel just roached up with no problems and the motor in my vh is only a 202 that needs the timing done ergently and was mis-firing at that time. but then again my car dosent have all that WHIZBANG technologies. abs, traction control, irs.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
shounak said:
Might, but I don't think so.. I always switch it to petrol when I try a standstill, but even then.. It wouldn't lack power..

Ecotec stock has 152kw, let's be extreme and say I lost 15kw with the conversion.. That's still 137kw at the wheels.. Enough to do a burnout..

But I couldn't pull one in my mates AUIII either.. Exact same problem, but could in an EL.. Like I said before..

I really don't think the dual fuel element has anything to do with this..
sorry dude, only just seen your reply, 152 is FWKW, my mates ecotec got 128, which was a high reading for a stock car.

I didn't think that was the only problem, i think it may jkust be driver skill (not trying to offend)
with my Auto VL, i could never bag it up, yet my best mate could get it going every time....

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
goombeast said:
The whole point from an engineering and physics perspective is trying to get the power down to the ground and not losing too much traction isn`t it?
Burnouts might look impressive but so is the bill afterwards,tyres,diff,rear suspension,tailshaft,uni`s,gearbox and mounts,engine and mounts,rear wheel arches and paintwork etc etc etc. Save your dough and buy a cheap pig that you can flog the arse off and not regret it.
you obviously aren't good at doing burnouts if your damaging all those components. The tyres are all that will have excessive wear over draging. Think about it, theres no stress on those compononts in a burnout, yet going down the strip you have to change gears, giving some wear.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I have to laugh at peeps who need oil and grease to do a burnout to warm their tires to improve their launch grip....

HAHAHAHAHAHA ! PMSL !

If the car or driver CANT spin the tires without additives in the first place why bother...the car aint going to break traction taking off anyhow...so why waste your rubber...unless their ego's really need it

R

rattattack1313

FFS...SETTLE DOWN YOU LOT :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!