Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Acceleration on v8

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
If you just bought it i would recommend a full service. New plugs, leads, oil filter, oil, coolant flush, injector clean, clean throttle body, check throttle cables, trans service etc. You may be surprised at the gains of a decent service.

After that, cheapest bang for buck would be decent CAI and then exhaust and extractors as mentioned above. Get a tune when you are done modding for a while.

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
What's the best way to improve speed of the line in v8 Calais international

Not the cheapest route but the V8 Walky Powerpack should give you a kick in the right direction 10% more power and 25% more torque apparently..

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Power alone will only get you so far. His calais will likely have a single spinner which is certainly not the best tool for getting power down. More power will just make it harder to maintain traction. Can't go any quicker than your level of grip allows.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Power alone will only get you so far. His calais will likely have a single spinner which is certainly not the best tool for getting power down. More power will just make it harder to maintain traction. Can't go any quicker than your level of grip allows.
Exactly, I don't think half the people in here realise that a Calais doesn't have an LSD. Mine was terrible taking off with traction control off as it'd just single spin. Replacing that made a massive difference in grip, then doing the exhaust, CAI and tune gave more power that was usable due to have GRIP.

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
I had always assumed LSD was standard with the V8 Calais, same as it is with SS. Seems a strange omission to me. Only realised it was Optional when Juzo was changing his. It's DEFINITELY something that a lot of people are confused about.

This was my assumption aswell. It seems silly that the "High End" model wouldn't have an Lsd

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain