Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

afm ve ss complaints

ned

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 ve ss
i no some people arnt happy with the afm on there ve ss but i actually like the sound of mine even no i will b changeing the exhaust, this is the 1st v8 ive driven tho since i test drove a vk commodore with a 308 in it, lol id like to no wat other ve ss afm drivers think of there cars, oh this comming from some 1 whos only had it for 2 days hahah

Mitch-VE6LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS series 2
Lol the idea of cylinders turning on and off it's just fail in my opinion.

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
I think you will find that most AFM owners on this site, actually have it switched off now

ned

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 ve ss
yes mine will b when tune and exhaust

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
Yup, I gotta say Mitch that on switching off the AFM i totally agree with you. I'm not doing anything like that until the warranty runs out though, and wouldn't have had it at all only the V8 auto comes with AFM in my model. I've been told that if you get just a good dyno tune done with the AFM switched off you'll get better fuel consumption than with AFM activated! I'll test that out after warranty.

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
I am with you old dog, I have seen it first hand. I have a mate with a Series 2. He is a bit cashed up and could not care less about warrenty. His auto SS gets around 10lt per 100 on the hwy. Same as the AFM, but it sounds 1000 times beter and goes real hard.
Maybe a sports exhaust will solve my noisy engine, as I wont be able to hear it.

ASAUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS UTe Cammed
I don't have the Afm hardware in my car anymore due to a cam change. But, when it was there I thought it was fine, no probs at all. A few months before the cam change I got it turned off and fuel consumption definitely did not improve. L77