Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket head unit problem

reesespieces

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Wagon 2009
Just got a new kenwood head unit and aerpro fascia kit for my 2009 Omega VE installed by autobarn but the A/C only blows hot air out of it. They had warned me before that this sometimes occurs on VE’s and it’s not a problem with the installation or product itself rather the car. Has anyone had the same issue and managed to fix it? Tried calling service places but no one knew.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Try resetting the Aerpro.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Just got a new kenwood head unit and aerpro fascia kit for my 2009 Omega VE installed by autobarn but the A/C only blows hot air out of it. They had warned me before that this sometimes occurs on VE’s and it’s not a problem with the installation or product itself rather the car. Has anyone had the same issue and managed to fix it? Tried calling service places but no one knew.
Holden were cnuts with the VE and made the HVAC system blow hot air if anything is wrong with it to try and force you to take it to a Holden dealer to get it fixed.

Hopefully you’ve only got a broken actuator. Mine turned out to be the recirc door when my SSV started blowing hot air. Yes it’s a complete cnut to replace.

Kurtis96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Did you end up getting it fixed? I’ve just done mine in my 2010 SV6 VE S2 and got passenger side is blowing hot and driver side I can change plus I can’t change where it blows from.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Did you end up getting it fixed? I’ve just done mine in my 2010 SV6 VE S2 and got passenger side is blowing hot and driver side I can change plus I can’t change where it blows from.
Do you have an Aerpro? If yes try resetting the Aerpro and see if that helps. Aerpro's sometimes need a reset to get things working. Sometimes you need to reset them 5-6 times over a couple of weeks.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Did you try the reset?

Kurtis96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Do you have an Aerpro? If yes try resetting the Aerpro and see if that helps. Aerpro's sometimes need a reset to get things working. Sometimes you need to reset them 5-6 times over a couple of weeks.
Yeah I got the FP9550BK! I’ve tried the reset a few time but maybe not enough ‍♂️ by reset you mean just hold both dials down on the facia or disconnect the battery?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I got the FP9550BK! I’ve tried the reset a few time but maybe not enough ‍♂️ by reset you mean just hold both dials down on the facia or disconnect the battery?
Yeah hold both dials. If that doesn't work disconnect the battery for 20mins. If may stuff up the settings on the HU so you may need to go in and add certain features like sub if you have one.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If the above doesn't work the next step is a HAVAC reset. I haven't gone down that path yet as a reset on my Aerpro and a battery disconnect sorted my problems. @Fu Manchu knows how to reset the HAVAC in a VE.

Kurtis96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Yeah hold both dials. If that doesn't work disconnect the battery for 20mins. If may stuff up the settings on the HU so you may need to go in and add certain features like sub if you have one.
Alright cheers mate I’ll keep trying and try disconnecting the battery as well.