Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chinese Android Head Unit Review - $595

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm

vincible1

Reaction score
Members Ride
16 SSV Redline Wagon
I bough this one today on eBay works great and uses the factory Bluetooth for the audio and it auto starts CarPlay when the car is turned on and the factory features work even the reverse camera compete plug and play also discounted with eBay plus at the moment.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3256526...n1VBnaiTme&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
So thats just the module and you use existing head unit to plug/play?

Else the chinese/aliexpress are complete head units that are basically Android with carplay/android auto and have the full range of functionality/customisation?

Is my understanding correct?

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Yes mine is just a module that plugs in and you keep the original heap unit, and it also has a usb cable if you want to play videos and music from a usb

Attachments

• IMG_8789.jpeg
    IMG_8789.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Harli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Yes mine is just a module that plugs in and you keep the original heap unit, and it also has a usb cable if you want to play videos and music from a usb
Where do you store the module and how big is it? Can you provide pictures? The ebay link just shows images of the head unit but no images of the module and where it might be stored.

VF300k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
I wanted to go the module route but from what I’ve seen they all either user the Bluetooth or the aux for audio and the quality is meh, I’ve tried both aux, Bluetooth and the “iPod” mode with a usb cable and found the usb to be the better of the 3

The Chinese androids seem to not have this issue as you can do wired CarPlay and most support amp/sub outputs which is an added bonus

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I placed it where the instructions showed in the passenger footwell.

Also I have no issues with the audio quality for music play back or voice call via the Bluetooth

Attachments

• IMG_8791.jpeg
    IMG_8791.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 62

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
WE should try to keep the discussion on android boxes in this thread imho

Harli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
WE should try to keep the discussion on android boxes in this thread imho
Good point
@vy_berlina03, it would be great if you could start a new thread about your module approach so people can discuss it there.
Personally, I prefer this over replacing the head unit, although I am surprised at how much it costs (although it is much cheaper than the other modules on ebay)!

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I placed it where the instructions showed in the passenger footwell.

Also I have no issues with the audio quality for music play back or voice call via the Bluetooth

Good point
@vy_berlina03, it would be great if you could start a new thread about your module approach so people can discuss it there.
Personally, I prefer this over replacing the head unit, although I am surprised at how much it costs (although it is much cheaper than the other modules on ebay)!

Yep, I’d be most interested in read the experiences of an actual buyer of one of these systems. It’d be great to hear of the installation process, and how it actually operates, particularly how well it switches between the aftermarket and OEM systems.

A separate thread would be great. Hint, hint @vy_berlina03 :)

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Yep, I’d be most interested in read the experiences of an actual buyer of one of these systems. It’d be great to hear of the installation process, and how it actually operates, particularly how well it switches between the aftermarket and OEM systems.

A separate thread would be great. Hint, hint @vy_berlina03 :)
Hi @chrisp
I have created a new thread for the module