Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket head unit problem

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Alright cheers mate I’ll keep trying and try disconnecting the battery as well.
When I say reset the Aerpro a few times, it normally just takes one or two resets to get it working. The issue is the problem sometimes returns a few days later. This is what I meant resetting it a few times over the period of a week or two.

Kurtis96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
When I say reset the Aerpro a few times, it normally just takes one or two resets to get it working. The issue is the problem sometimes returns a few days later. This is what I meant resetting it a few times over the period of a week or two.
Ahh so it’s not a permanent fix then? Bugger

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ahh so it’s not a permanent fix then? Bugger
Mine hasn't played up again for over 9 months. It did however play up a few times over the period of 2-3 weeks.

Kurtis96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Mine hasn't played up again for over 9 months. It did however play up a few times over the period of 2-3 weeks.
Okay touch wood yours stays working lol cheers I can live with that! I’ll keep on trying.

reesespieces

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Wagon 2009
Did you end up getting it fixed? I’ve just done mine in my 2010 SV6 VE S2 and got passenger side is blowing hot and driver side I can change plus I can’t change where it blows from.
Nah not yet got an appointment with Holden in a couple weeks to have a look at it

reesespieces

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Wagon 2009
If the above doesn't work the next step is a HAVAC reset. I haven't gone down that path yet as a reset on my Aerpro and a battery disconnect sorted my problems. @Fu Manchu knows how to reset the HAVAC in a VE.
Cheers will give it a go

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
They had warned me before that this sometimes occurs on VE’s and it’s not a problem with the installation or product itself rather the car.
That’s sales speak for “our product doesn’t work reliably with your vehicle and we don’t know how to fix it”… :oops:

reesespieces

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Wagon 2009
For anyone wondering, I ended up going to the dealer and had to pay $700 for a new recirc door and actuator.