Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec random misfire, fuel injectors?????

Relax98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Berlina
Hi,
So the VE went to holden today for a p0300 fault (Random multiple misfire) cyl , 1,3,5,. I have replaced a couple of coils and swapped other across to the other bank. With the fault not changing sides. Anyway after also checking earths and vac leaks around bank 1 have not fould a solution. Holden have said that the injectors need replacing.
I find it strange given the misfire fault it only on bank 1.
Has anyone had experience with this? I was thinking about swapping the injectors across to the other bank, is this a way to confirm the fault is with the injectors?

Relax98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Berlina
I swapped the injectors between banks and still misfire 1,3,5. Holden suggested swapping all 6 can anyone tell me why that would be?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
If you have swapped the injectors from one side to the other and the misfire still happens I doubt it is the injectors and replacing all six will just be an expensive disappointment. If you have new coils and plugs, it may be fuel pressure on that side if that is even possible or maybe the ECU giving you the shits.

Other than that cant help much.

Relax98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Berlina
Yeah fuel pressure shouldn't be an issue as the injectors run of one pipe straight down the center of the engine.
really hoping it isnt the ECU.
I would assume Holden have a troubleshooting flow chart to what may be causing this, I guess fuel injectors are at the top, Glad I didnt fork out the $600 the quoted to replace them and be stuck with the same problem. But unforunately the problem is still there.

Relax98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Berlina
Update Holden Technicians have found that the RHS Cat is blocked, the have unbolted both exhaust flanges after the cats and almost no flow through right side.
This was found after they changed the plugs.
Hopefully replacing this will rectify this.

Relax98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Berlina
Cat replaced but problem still exists. Off to auto electrician, he is pointing to ignit
coils stating all 6 to be replaced and not cheap ebay items that i replaced 2 with already.
although they were ac delco? $48 each. Totally over it!

u8285761

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 SIDI
How did you get on... problem now solved?

Cat replaced but problem still exists. Off to auto electrician, he is pointing to ignit
coils stating all 6 to be replaced and not cheap ebay items that i replaced 2 with already.
although they were ac delco? $48 each. Totally over it!

Hey - how did you go - did you get the problem fixed?

chriso-k

Motor Mechanic, SYDNEY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Hi,
So the VE went to holden today for a p0300 fault (Random multiple misfire) cyl , 1,3,5,. I have replaced a couple of coils and swapped other across to the other bank. With the fault not changing sides. Anyway after also checking earths and vac leaks around bank 1 have not fould a solution. Holden have said that the injectors need replacing.
I find it strange given the misfire fault it only on bank 1.
Has anyone had experience with this? I was thinking about swapping the injectors across to the other bank, is this a way to confirm the fault is with the injectors?

Last edited:

thelord4034

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve Omega sadan 2007
i have the same problem but 2,4,6 and i did all of what they said here nothing was fixed and no one here got it right nor did the holden tech wented to charge me $185 just to put it on the computer without doing anything after days of checking things in my car find it was my drivers side Holden Cam Position Sensor Solenoid Alloytec VE 3.6l V6 ($177 from holden in stock) your's might be the passenger side one check it out by removing the connector and start the car see if the problem is there