Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

amppp hellp

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
no yellow is definately accsesories, you amp should turn off once your ignition is off then, if your connected to the yellow wire..

MAC-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn90
well its connected to the yellow wireing coming from the box of wires that clips into the back of the headunit
is that wrong one

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
OK, the box of wires your referring to, is called an ISO plug. This is the plug that plugs into your head unit.

Then you have the cars wiring loom, which will have been cut yes? with the appropriate wires then being connected to those on the ISO plug.

Your after the Yellow wire, coming from the cars harness....Not from the ISO plug-

MAC-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn90
ook well as u said them wires from h.u lead to a big sticky taped pack of wires sorta up the back is this were i shud look for the yellow wire
by the way the yellow wire from the h/u turns into a yellow n white or orage n white wire not sure cldnt see well
n theres no orange wire to the head unit

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
The orange wire i was reffering to, is the constant power wire(12v) this also comes from your cars harness. Your going to have to undo that tape, and find the yellow wire amongst it, that is coming from your cars harness. Splice together the REM wire, with that yellow wire, and which ever wire was orininally connected from the head unit, and you should have no more problems

MAC-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn90
now i have anothing problem
i FKKKKKK turned car on n were i cut yellow wire n like the bare wire hit metal n it sparked did i blow my head unit or wat sikk of this
cos it wont turn on
when i turn accs on
so i eleric taped it back up n still did work

wld it just be the fuse i blow atleast the amp wasnt hooked up to it when i did it soz guys

Last edited:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
you didnt disconect your battery like i was saying to you earlier did you? did you say your head unit is not working now? your typing is pretty bad, so cant tell? If its not working, thats because you blew the accsesories fuse, which is under the drivers panel. The head unit will be fine. That is why i said ALWAYS DISCONECT THE BATTERY LOL

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
You will have blown the radio fuse under the steering column. If you look at the panel under the steering wheel you will see 3 plastic screw things. With your key, turn them so the slot is vertical and pull them out to expose the fuse panel. From memory the radio fuse is like 12 or 14, but have a look at the sticker there and you will find it. Pull it out and the wire inside will be broken. Replace it with one of the same rating (20amp???).

Always remember to disconnect the battery when doing anything electrical to avoid anything like this happening.

Also make sure you are soldering your joins (twisting them together is alright for testing only), otherwise they will come apart over time and you will have to do it all again.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
post deleted.....yeah as he said, but for now i guess you just want to get it working, so just twist them together- and tspe them up, and look at replacing your ISO plug some other time...
Connect REM wire, to the YEllow wire from the cars harness, together with whichever wire was coming from the head unit, and everything will work. Once you have replaced the fuse of course...

MAC-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn90
You will have blown the radio fuse under the steering column. If you look at the panel under the steering wheel you will see 3 plastic screw things. With your key, turn them so the slot is vertical and pull them out to expose the fuse panel. From memory the radio fuse is like 12 or 14, but have a look at the sticker there and you will find it. Pull it out and the wire inside will be broken. Replace it with one of the same rating (20amp???).

Always remember to disconnect the battery when doing anything electrical to avoid anything like this happening.

Also make sure you are soldering your joins (twisting them together is alright for testing only), otherwise they will come apart over time and you will have to do it all again.

i check the fuse is was 13 n it was fine n i twisted back n tapes not working