Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

... And now, Blaupunkt Aux Input! (VY/VZ)

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
LOL!

Boys, I'm always here!! ;)

I've just had another rush of **** to the brain too - I can still do installs, at my office!! If shyte-for-brains wants to bugger around there, I've got plenty of cameras around the place, so he'd better smile. (it's good when you work for a hi-tech security manufacturing company! :D)

Brent - emailed you with some answers to your questions, and still trying to track down the right socket. I'll let you know.

Cheerz guys, thanks for the support.

aperfectcircle

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute 04 VYIISS 5.7 M6
Hi Phreddy,

I'm also interested in getting the Aux inputs done to my head unit how do I go about it.
Live to far away to come to you, do I just send the head unit.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
G'day perfectcircle.

Mate, saw your posts before - sorry I didn't respond properly. Sending the H/U is perfectly viable, the downside of course is that you'll have no tunes for a short while. :cry:

Do you have any mates who are pretty good with Dick Smith kits and so on? Someone who works with electronics maybe? I can send a fully assembled "kit" which can be installed by someone with reasonable skills, with full comprehensive how-to instructions, loads of photos. As a general guide, anyone who can fit a "mod chip" to a Playstation without blowing it up should have no trouble.

Anyhow, shoot me a PM and we can work it out.

Cheerz! :thumbsup:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
That should be no problem at all Mate. Rather than mounting a 3.5mm socket in the console somewhere, that's exactly what you could do - just hardwire the output signals from the iPod dock thingy straight in. Bewdiful!! :D

Would make it look that little bit neater too, although nowadays I'm mounting the socket and switch INSIDE the console bin on that little panel where the lamp goes in Calais and Stato's. Makes it completely invisible when the cosole bin lid is closed. :thumbsup:

I have it on good authority that an iPod hooked up in this way sounds just great too - I've sent a few of these to guys in the US to put into their GTOs, and they're WRAPPED! :D I've done a couple ofg jobs for guys here who do have actual iPods, but the hookup has been simply from the headphone socket on the player to the socket mounted in the car. The advantage of using the dock thingy is that it's a true "line" output, and volume setting on the iPod doesn't affect this. An advantage in a small way I guess.

Your trade qualifications will doubtless help, but it's gonna be your soldering experience which is the most important. Anyway, we can discuss that down the track - I gotta get out of here for now. Been a long day. ;)

(won't be getting online at home either - got some boards to build!)

Cheerz!

beaver_roadkill

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've searched this forum for a few hours, and still haven't found out whether Phreddy's mod can be done on a VX Maestro head unit.

I'm wanting to keep my stock head unit but hook up all the rest of the gear from my previous car (amps, splits, subs). Plus the option of hooking up an external source is too tempting ;)

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Beaver - I'm certain the mod would work, although what I wouldn't be able to tell you would be exactly where to wire the connections in. I've never looked inside one of those, and whilst electrically they wouldn't be all that different to the Blaupunkt, as far as the physical layout is concerned it would be galaxies apart.

I'll be posting a new pic of the factory button installation soon too. Looks nice! ;) (it's in one of the other threads, but really belongs here....)

Cheerz!

Terry Appleby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Manual
I want one

Hi Phreddy
Can I get one of those gadgets to couple an Ipod nano to my standard VZ six stacker?
Regrads T
Phreddy said:
It works!

(cue evil laughter...)

As well as the low level output adapter, I now have a solution for Aux Input to the Blaupunkt head unit - single or six stacker.

Connect your MP3 player headphone socket into another 3.5mm socket (I've mounted one in the console near my traction switch) and press a button - the sound system cuts across from whatever you're listening to (CD or Radio) and feeds the signal from the socket through the system. Volume/balance/EQ settings are all applied (in other words you control those functions with the H/U controls), and it doesn't sound too bad at all! Naturally, it's not as good as CD quality, but MP3 rarely is unless it a pretty high bitrate. Also my player is pretty cheap and nasty.

Here's a pic of what it looks like for those that are curious.

Cheerz!

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Terry - sure can bloke! :thumbsup:

Shoot me a PM with an e-mail address, we'll go from there.

Give me a short while to get my act together though, I have a lot of orders for the US which I need to clear up before I take on too many more.... ;)

Cheerz!