Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

another exhaust thread

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Interesting. If you don't use E85, will mild steel be ok.?
I also want to do the exhaust on my Redline. Its my first V8 and its frustratingly quiet.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Mild steel can last for many years if the car is usually driven for long enough to warm up and evaporate all the moisture etc from the system. However, these systems can rust out quickly if always driven short distances and that doesn't warm them up properly.

I've had mine on my current VE for about 5 years so far and no sign of any issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I also want to do the exhaust on my Redline. Its my first V8 and its frustratingly quiet.

Me too. I hope to get delivery next week, and then its buy an exhaust. Have already been in touch with Not_an_abba_fan to get prices and advise on the Manta system. Give him a yell.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Me too. I hope to get delivery next week, and then its buy an exhaust. Have already been in touch with Not_an_abba_fan to get prices and advise on the Manta system. Give him a yell.

You may want to run / tune it for e85 at some point, so I would get stainless.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Can you recommend a cat back (2.5inch) without drone in mild steel for VF 6.0L Auto?

Twin 2 1/2" Manta system with front muffler and hotdogs, and rear quad tipped mufflers. When AFM kicks in, I can't guarantee 100% drone free, but it's pretty good. The only thing that I have see work on AFM so far are the factory exhausts and the Helmholtz J type tuner pipes. These are something you will need to get fabricated and added to the rear mufflers. The Manta system is $1295 shipped.

I will disagree on the mild steel comment though, I have had mild steel systems still going good after 5 years on the VE. I have never had to replace one yet that I have either supplied or fitted. (Not saying they haven't been done, just I have not dome one yet).

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I will disagree on the mild steel comment though, I have had mild steel systems still going good after 5 years on the VE. I have never had to replace one yet that I have either supplied or fitted. (Not saying they haven't been done, just I have not dome one yet).

Mate, I was one of the first to run e85 predominantly for big k's in the V8, three years ago now. I put a mild steel catback on the first week, is now still usable but corroded.

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
My stock exhaust corroded, well the mufflers had holes in them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Then again, we don't have E85 over here, so I can't really comment on the longevity of exhaust running it.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Then again, we don't have E85 over here, so I can't really comment on the longevity of exhaust running it.

Mamma Mia Bjørn! You should get out more!!

United Osborne Park has upgraded to sell E85:

United Osborne Park
479 Scarborough Beach Road
Osborne Park WA 6017

United is proud to be selling E85 in Hepburn Heights:

United Hepburn Heights
4 Walter Padbury Blvd
Padbury WA 6025

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'm not in Perth.....

And you used the Danish spelling of my name, mine is Swedish.