Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another issue.HB maybe.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
thumbs up then :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
HB is fine and so are the pulleys n belts, they are quite smooth n quiet.

You have either a (1) rpm rattle coming from oil pump spring/piston next to HB .... or..... (2) a rpm circular hitting/ticking noise coming from behind HB points to crank angle sensor/fittings ....or ... (3) rpm circular timing chain hitting worn chain damper echoing sound in timing cover case.
Hope that helps, you can find the obvious issue but involves a strip down of the HB/belts and or chain timing cover case.

Its none of what you mentioned, it's the balancer. ;);)

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Its none of what you mentioned, it's the balancer. ;);)
Well he got clues to his posted question ;);) The answer lies ;) when the job is done ;) not just by thinking about it online ;)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well he got clues to his posted question ;);) The answer lies ;) when the job is done ;) not just by thinking about it online ;)

Yep and if he goes down the path you have told him it will be, engine half out, sump off timing cover off all because you gave him false info. I can tell soon as he mentioned it was wobbly and went away with the belt off it's a balancer. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it;)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is there any companies that sell them at all or just ebay?i am not having much luck looking.

If you want one same day it will be Repco, if you're in Launceston and can wait until the next day it will be Merv Gray, if you can wait a week it will be eBay. The latter is in order of cost, highest to lowest.

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
If you want one same day it will be Repco, if you're in Launceston and can wait until the next day it will be Merv Gray, if you can wait a week it will be eBay. The latter is in order of cost, highest to lowest.
i am in hobart so is merv gray a shop?i can wait as well.thanks again.