Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another issue.HB maybe.

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
ok,back to my thread:cool:...i got the wife to video the movement what i was talking about just to be sure.thanks again.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
If you're so f'n smart Vin999 whey did the noise go away with the belt off? I recently have had the chain, gears and tensioner replaced on mine and it made a rattle with the belt on and off. But your the expert according to Vin999 so we should all take your advice? Seems like you love to argue and that's why you have joined JC. Because the amount of times you argue with other members seems pretty consistent.

Losh the reality is dont spread :eek:UNTRUTHS:eek: about other people and :eek:IF YOU SPREAD BULLSHEET ABOUT PEOPLE ANYWHERE :eek:BE PREPARED TO ACCEPT IT BACK:eek: and dont pretend to be something your not ;)

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Looks like the smart Tassie person is correct :p

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
ok,back to my thread:cool:...i got the wife to video the movement what i was talking about just to be sure.thanks again.

Your harmonic balancer is definitely stuffed as the outer hub seems to turn while inner hub and centre crank bolt does not seems to rotate :oops: the two hubs are supposed to be bonded :rolleyes:

I always thought once the bonding fails, the outer hub of the HB wobbles. Seems your car is unique :p

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
IT WASNT WOBBLY EVEN SKYLARKING NOTICED IT TO
Haha, if I take my glasses off, I’m as blind as a bat so better not to quote me on vision issues :p

In any case, Losh picked the HB early on, but no need to get defensive and shout, for the most part we’re all friendly here ;)

We’ve all made wrong calls at times, I know I have, and best advice is to recognise a hole and stop digging when you’re in one :p

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
Your harmonic balancer is definitely stuffed as the outer hub seems to turn while inner hub and centre crank bolt does not seems to rotate :oops: the two hubs are supposed to be bonded :rolleyes:

I always thought once the bonding fails, the outer hub of the HB wobbles. Seems your car is unique :p
It literally happened as i was taking gearbox fluid out while it was sitting.once i heard it i recorded it and yeh.maybe if i drove it a bit like that it would have gone like you say,very good save!.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
That is impressive can't be much left holding outer piece onto inner.

Made the racket yet barely wobbled lol

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Haha, if I take my glasses off, I’m as blind as a bat so better not to quote me on vision issues :p

In any case, Losh picked the HB early on, but no need to get defensive and shout, for the most part we’re all friendly here ;)

We’ve all made wrong calls at times, I know I have, and best advice is to recognise a hole and stop digging when you’re in one :p
I agree with you ..... losh made a guess out of possible items, even though it was running smooth (no wobble), I just listed possible causes, no guess and then Losh started the personal attack

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Ok, I'll bite..................HB's will not wobble when under load as the belt tension will hold them solidly in place. What should've been done is to run the engine at idle and while it makes the noise then increase engine RPM and see if the noise goes away. When it's the balancer that's failed the noise will disappear with increased engine RPM.

Regardless, from my own experience I didn't chime in as Losh was on the money right from the beginning and there was no need for me to jump in and inflame what had already become a rather volatile situation.

Sadly some around here think it's all about them until a giant egg lands on their face, which is exactly what's been demonstrated here.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

In any case, Losh picked the HB early on, but no need for you to get defensive and shout. For the most part we’re all friendly here ;)

^ this is what I meant.

I agree with you ..... losh made a guess out of possible items, even though it was running smooth (no wobble), I just listed possible causes, no guess and then Losh started the personal attack
Losh could have had experience with a very similar issue and simply recognised the cause so it may be not a guess at all.

The thread could have ended for the most part at post #11, or post #12 but went a little off rails between you guys as is often the case when posters start to defend their position or perceived grievance.

It’s not a matter of who’s correct or who’s wrong, in such instances. It’s a forum where people often quickly type a reply and often those replies can be misinterpreted.

Heck, even a few slurs may not be intended as one thinks. Just look at Musk and his pedo guy slur which a court decided was not defamation as it’s a casual slur in South Africa... I don’t live in Tassi so don’t know whether yhey all smoke a pipe to relax ;)

I’ve never met Losh but he seems like a nice guy. He likes bikes and cars so he can’t be bad :p

In any case both you guy’s are probably closer in views on this HB issue than your posts seem to indicate so better to let it go and take a less defensive position when posting.