Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VK V6

holdenman308

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn wagon
hey im about to pull a part my vs ecotec 5speed to put in my vk wagon do you know yet if the pedal box from vn-vs fit vk yet im pertty sure that i have put 1 in a vk once just not all of the hole line up but engoh did? i want to use vs front suspension with vk top hats if they fit as well. so if you get to that b4 me let know how it goes or ill let you know if i get there frist.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
To easy. That would be good. I'm hoping to pull all the VS stuff out this week. Might get the apprentice to give me a hand seeing as we have a bit of spare time.

holdenman308

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn wagon
hey cool im just waiting to get my shed back (got someones house stored in it) so next week i should be able to start

holdenman308

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn wagon
hey hows it coming along?

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
I got the fuel tank out of the vs the other day. Now I just have to start working on getting all the gear out of the vk. I think I will spray the engine bay before I put the motor in otherwise it will never get done. What about yourself? Hey I have a vs cai and I was hoping to use it. Just wondering if it will fit after I move the battery to the drivers side.

holdenman308

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn wagon
na im still waiting for my shed grrr yea im gana paint the engine bay before i put the v6 in aswell. was playing with the dash the other day think im just gona fit the vs dash clasher in the vk dash behind the vk clasher lens so it doent look to weird and sounds like the easyesit way of making the speedo work and probly fit sum afternmaket guages behind there aswell if there room

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Hey holdenman308 hows the conversion coming along? Mine has come to a complete halt. Got to much work on to be able to get on with it. The only thing I have done is cut out my turbo manifold flanges. and I also have a heap of bends so I'm ready to go when the motor is in. Hopefully I can get back into it soon I've got so many parts sitting here I just want to get them out the way.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Just an update on the VK. Finally got the old girl down to my workshop. Have completely stripped the interior including the dash (ready for the vr unit), all seats, centre console and carpet. Got the tired old 202 and auto out. I have ended up using a VR cross member complete with brakes, suspension, sway bar and power steering rack. I ended up cutting down the hats on top of the struts to the same size as the VK and drilling the holes the same to keep the wheel alignment as close as possible. Will get a full wheel alignment when the project is finished. Everything went together great. Am hoping to have the ecotec in by the end of the week along with the fuel tank and wiring loom. Im going to run the complete loom from the VR so that everything works as it should. Even want to keep the central locking. Mesured up the dash today and they seem to be the same width so hopefully it will fit reasonably well.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I ended up cutting down the hats on top of the struts to the same size as the VK and drilling the holes the same to keep the wheel alignment as close as possible. Will get a full wheel alignment when the project is finished.

You did WHAT???!!!!!!

You could have fitted the VK suspension to the VR k-frame to save drilling hole through the strut tops!!! Iv heard you can even just swap the strut tops over to the VK ones!