Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any hardcore/metalcore music fans out there or guitarists?

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais International S/C
Amity affliction's new cd is soo good. Blessthefall used to be good. Tell you what though, that band from canberra ain't half bad, Impressed with the quality so far. Not sure if the chick singing will do it for me - only the exceptional ones work for me most girl singing styles are annoying / evanescence-like in this style of music.

Paramore's an example of a good one.

Nice. I haven't for ages man, I ran a couple it was cool. I was doing all ages shows at the time so they were a pain in the arse but heaps of fun. Will check out your band tonight dude.

Everyone check out A DAY TO REMEMBER on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

So good.

Hahaha I love A Day To Remember! You got there new album? It got leaked the other night and i have listened to it about 5 times, So good!
And thats sick as! I don't think i'd be too good at events but i love working with promoters and **** : )

lemusa

Unmotivated Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
I was thinking about putting a EMG in my schecter but i don't really have enough money to do it. plus i hate the fact it is bolt on neck and just lower quality then the Hellraiser and stuff. I might op for one of those or a ESP next : )

Do it! The Duncan Designed pickups work really well on the neck, I love the clean tones. But they got nothing when it comes to the bridge. The Schectar has a 85 on the bridge and the Ibanez an 81. To my ears the 85 is slightly hotter so works better with Drop C tuning. Thats my opinion anyway

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Aussie metal ya all should check out

The Roseline

Scar The Surface

Turns To Ashes

In The Walls

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
If you want some awesome AWESOME Aussie hardcore, played the way it should be played, check out Mindsnare. One of the best hardcore bands.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
I wouldnt exactly call mindsnare hardcore.. More like Punkcore.. Not saying they arent good, just not my thing

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
mindsnare remind me of s.o.d or something, im sorta into that **** thats so heavy you can barely hear whats happing in a song.lol

smokyJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III 5spd Ute
If you want some awesome AWESOME Aussie hardcore, played the way it should be played, check out Mindsnare. One of the best hardcore bands.

Thankgod there's one with good taste.

"punkcore" longdrop? outta your mind if you think that's punk --> lagwagon are punk, frenzal rhomb are punk, mindsnare is melt your face off hardcore.

a day to remember are terrible.

LIFE.LOVE.REGRET
Jungle Fever
Toe to toe
Something More
Snakeface (Jonathon boulet's [acoustic magician's] other band)
Miles Away
Pitfall
Mid Youth Crisis
Michael Crafter (the band from sydney not the ####wit singer from melbourne)
Arms Reach

Now these are some good Australian hardcore bands.

NCHC

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Hahaha I love A Day To Remember! You got there new album? It got leaked the other night and i have listened to it about 5 times, So good!
And thats sick as! I don't think i'd be too good at events but i love working with promoters and **** : )

Yeah the new album is heaps good! A bit short though. They write such good pop punk songs as well!
Man events is brutally hard, the shows I did I literally did everything myself (think about it, there's a lot to do), most muso's are completely useless - if you're lucky they'll setup/packup their own stuff lol. (not paying you out just my experience in management)

Mindsnare. wow. I saw them once, it was awful. Back a few generations from me I think, music standard is much higher now IMO.
Not just hanging crap on them either, if a band plays good - even if I don't like them they will still sound good and this has happened plenty of times I've been like I hate their music but the live show was really amazing.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
If u cant hear the huge oldschool punk influences in mindsnare, well thats not my problem kid

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
If u cant hear the huge oldschool punk influences in mindsnare, well thats not my problem kid

When did I say anything about that? They're not modern hardcore at all, greatly "old school punk" and metal influenced. In fact I don't think I was talking directly to you at all mate, nice to meet you anyway.