Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any hardcore/metalcore music fans out there or guitarists?

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais International S/C
Yeah the new album is heaps good! A bit short though. They write such good pop punk songs as well!
Man events is brutally hard, the shows I did I literally did everything myself (think about it, there's a lot to do), most muso's are completely useless - if you're lucky they'll setup/packup their own stuff lol. (not paying you out just my experience in management)

Mindsnare. wow. I saw them once, it was awful. Back a few generations from me I think, music standard is much higher now IMO.
Not just hanging crap on them either, if a band plays good - even if I don't like them they will still sound good and this has happened plenty of times I've been like I hate their music but the live show was really amazing.

Hahaha nah I know what you mean, Like I don't mind setting up my own **** but all that PA gear and stuff is a major ball break D :

04VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY SS
I've played guitar since age of 8 - dabbled in drums too but not seriously... Heavily into all forms of metal music, nothing else does it for me...... at the moment these are on the playlist.
Braindrill - various
Devourment - various
Periphery - self titled & other **** I find on Misha's pages.
Revocation - Existence is Futile (BRUTAL)
JFAC - Ruination (balls out brutal)
Parkway Dve - Deep Blue
Anything from Slipknot (RIP PAUL)
Anything from Damaged - Do Not Spit / Passive Backseat Demon Engines / Purified in Pain etc..
Anything from Bloodduster - Fusting the Diid, Yeest etc...
Anything from Suffocation / Cryptopsy / Deicide / Cannibal Corpse / Gorguts / Obituary
I'll stop there cos' there's too much to list..... you get the idea.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Lol nathan :D read up, i was talkin to smokeyJ

VZImpulseSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
'79 HZ Ute
Im not into metalcore, hate the faggoty vocals, the overuse of breakdowns, how the genre has ruined "sweeps" and the look.... gay massive wholes in their ears, the most random hair you can think of, and covered from head to toe in tats...

Death metal for me all the way, sure some of us have long hair, but its to mill, we don't just have gay hair for the sake of it.
Death metal vocals are way better IMO.

And also, no offence, but death metal takes skill to play as oppose to metalcore and death core... Not many metalcore bands (though there are deffinately some!) take a lot of talent to play...

Gear -
BC Rich Warlock Deluxe (NOT NJ DELUXE!, its a limited edition version that was only sold in america. Have also placed an 81 in the bridge)
Ibanez RGT42FM
ESP MH400NT

Peavey 6505 Head
Framus Cobra cab (V30's)

Decent gear you got there, any cab with V30's rocks!
Not a fan of the JSX head, not metal enough for my liking
And les paul custom, beautiful, tho i most definately would never ruin it by putting EMG's in it.
If you want a metal sound, either buy an Eclipse so you have that shape, or at least change the pickups to passive "Bare knuckle warpigs", tho i'd still never get a les paul custom with plans to make it "metal"

And please buy a decent acoustic haha.

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im not into metalcore, hate the faggoty vocals, the overuse of breakdowns, how the genre has ruined "sweeps" and the look.... gay massive wholes in their ears, the most random hair you can think of, and covered from head to toe in tats...

Death metal for me all the way, sure some of us have long hair, but its to mill, we don't just have gay hair for the sake of it.
Death metal vocals are way better IMO.

And also, no offence, but death metal takes skill to play as oppose to metalcore and death core... Not many metalcore bands (though there are deffinately some!) take a lot of talent to play...

Gear -
BC Rich Warlock Deluxe (NOT NJ DELUXE!, its a limited edition version that was only sold in america. Have also placed an 81 in the bridge)
Ibanez RGT42FM
ESP MH400NT

Peavey 6505 Head
Framus Cobra cab (V30's)

Decent gear you got there, any cab with V30's rocks!
Not a fan of the JSX head, not metal enough for my liking
And les paul custom, beautiful, tho i most definately would never ruin it by putting EMG's in it.
If you want a metal sound, either buy an Eclipse so you have that shape, or at least change the pickups to passive "Bare knuckle warpigs", tho i'd still never get a les paul custom with plans to make it "metal"

And please buy a decent acoustic haha.

dude, at least i can relate with death metal and **** with you, the techno bogans at school have no idea.
And the Les paull custom came with black hardware, no pick guard and EMG's. rarest les paul epiphone around, under 500 where made world wide, and yet i would swap it for a normal custom without a pickguard anyday, passive pick ups for the winnnn.
I picked up the JSX for next to nothing but always wanted a 6505+. At the moment my band is been looking at a Huges and kettner endorsment so i might get a Trilogy mark II head soonish : )

no worries man, I agree with you, but I love it still, I know my hair, band, facebook, all that **** is geniric, but aye, i get the ladies so ; )
also, i do love hardcore/metalcore/deathcore. : )

I will give you the fact that All my music is often a lot easier to play/write over metal :p

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
That whole post sounded like i was ripping on you, sorry mate! Friendly intentions :)

also yes, i agree with you on the acoustic. I got it as a muck around thing but fell inlove with acoustic and now wishing i spent more money on one !!!
One day man!

and I'm aiming for a LTD/ESP as my next guitar, or customising my Telecaster <3