Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any idea what this noise is

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Any guides or quick rundown on how to change it over? Haven't really worked on cars before other than doing oil change/spark plugs but I'm pretty eager to learn and do stuff myself where applicable.

a quick search on youtube found this

this is from my ve book and i will say that they are the same for the vf, pretty much the same part.
i used them on my vf and the pump did not leak or fall off lol.

20210907-154028.jpg

Last edited:

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
a quick search on youtube found this

this is from my ve book and i will say that they are the same for the vf, pretty much the same part.
i used them on my vf and the pump did not leak or fall off lol.

20210907-154028.jpg

Halfway through watching that vid atm. Bit weird that he just lets the coolant go everywhere in the engine bay instead of draining first is it not? Seems pretty easy though, I reckon I'll give it a go myself.

Also do you think this is something that needs to be done urgently right away or can wait a little bit?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Halfway through watching that vid atm. Bit weird that he just lets the coolant go everywhere in the engine bay instead of draining first is it not? Seems pretty easy though, I reckon I'll give it a go myself.

Also do you think this is something that needs to be done urgently right away or can wait a little bit?

yeah i would drain the coolant from the drain port on the bottom of the radiator and dispose it, flush the system and put new stuff in.

the pump will still work it will just make noise but i would make sure it is the pump first, it could be one of the pulleys.

you can do what is in this video to locate the sound, when you find the right spot you will know it

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
yeah i would drain the coolant from the drain port on the bottom of the radiator and dispose it, flush the system and put new stuff in.

the pump will still work it will just make noise but i would make sure it is the pump first, it could be one of the pulleys.

you can do what is in this video to locate the sound, when you find the right spot you will know it

Will give that a go tomorrow, thank you for your help mate.

Am I hoping it's a pulley or a water pump? Which is cheaper lol

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Will give that a go tomorrow, thank you for your help mate.

Am I hoping it's a pulley or a water pump? Which is cheaper lol
Pulleys are definitely cheaper mate and no need to replace coolant either if it is a pulley

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
only thing that has tested me was getting the air lock out of the VZ series. havent tried anything later than that