Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any tips for cheap replacement key for VF ?

kye.s SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
vessv
Just lost my key for VF SSV . 700 k on clock:hit: .Got quoted $400 for replacement . have seen few posts on ve but nothing on vf .

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
$400 is about right.

Approx. $280 for the parts, plus key cutting ($44) plus programming the key in.

There is no other option, it must be done by a Holden dealer using the GDS 2 diagnostic tool.

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
Did you try to claim it on warranty? Not sure if you can if you just lost it, but i snapped mine the other week and Holden replaced it no charge.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Is $400 the price when you have spare key, tag and details to go off.

kye.s SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
vessv
yeah i got 2 keys . Not really keen on not having a spare though. 4oo is the price for replacment key..Cannot stash key near car because you can just push passive entry on door to get in . so i put it near rocks just away from car ,went for swim,and unknowingly put it in best hiding spot im yet to find.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
yeah i got 2 keys . Not really keen on not having a spare though. 4oo is the price for replacment key..Cannot stash key near car because you can just push passive entry on door to get in . so i put it near rocks just away from car ,went for swim,and unknowingly put it in best hiding spot im yet to find.

maybe someone else has found it and car will go missing next time you go for a swim

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Did you try to claim it on warranty? Not sure if you can if you just lost it, but i snapped mine the other week and Holden replaced it no charge.

Lol. Good joke.