Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anybody else considering 'retiring' their VF to weekend duties?

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Sell the VW as they are a timebomb awaiting to go off and for a Kia Carnival they are for people who have given up on life. I know you have 3 kids but buy with the sale of the VW a VE sportswagon which can carry the kids and luggage and is still great to drive and cheap to service and repair. I know a VE unless it is a series 11 is not a VF but is close in terms of the driving except the interior. At least the VE does not have the toyota Nippondenso HVAC unit of the VF and I am not sure if this is why but at least the HVAC system in the VE seems to work.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Mine does not get used often. The benefit is when I take it out it is still like brand new. That’s the difference and whilst I have it it’ll be like perfection. I enjoy that factor. Not related to value but I’d assume it wil at least hold as a result anyway. It’s the last of its kind it should be preserved as best can be whilst I don’t have the money to simply store it in a shed, I get enjoyment every weekend or two, but I also enjoy keeping it in mint condition and it shows!

Got me the magazine and all.. haha

View attachment 195597
Hi Woooo, do you have any paint protection on? if not what are you using?
Go team Red

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Hi Woooo, do you have any paint protection on? if not what are you using?
Go team Red
Donec ac lorem commodo molestie fringilla mauris, nisl volutpat duis egestas massa semper sed, rhoncus vulputate non donec integer.

Last edited:

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
My clubby gets driven daily now as I drive to work and have an undercover car park. Initially it was a weekend only drive for the first year. The only issue I have with driving is taking it to the shopping centres or park it at a place where someone might bump a door or maliciously damage. I do get complements when I drive it and have people coming up to me telling how good these cars are. I try and keep the k's low so I can keep it for a long time, but this thing belongs to the road and needs to be driven. After 18 months of owning it I still sneak into the garage to have a peak and admire the beauty :)
I do have paint protection done by Final inspection which keeps the paintwork schmick and makes cleaning very easy. So far I have put just over 17,000kms most of which are highway kms and include a trip to from Mel to Syd and back. Just went in for the second service, had to literally run to the dealer car wash to stop the guy from washing it with the dirty brush :)

Last edited:

Edsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline my 16
I have three cars the redline gets used the least and I like it that way . I am the only one that drives it won't let the wife touch it she has never driven it

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Plenty are leased for tax purposes only.
Plenty are sold under an easy signup offer turns out to be a lease, plenty more reasons other than tax why majority of cars over $50k are leased.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Plenty are sold under an easy signup offer turns out to be a lease, plenty more reasons other than tax why majority of cars over $50k are leased.

Yeah sure.

My point was that just coz a vehicle has been leased doesn't necessarily make it a bad option on the second hand market.