Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone dissapointed with their W375 Package

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
If you want a really quick car a Holden SS Commodore is not the best choice tbh. I got a V8 for the sound and the decent torque at low revs. Its reasonably quick but nothing special really. Not to mention how fast you get used to whatever power you do have, at first mine felt really quick but now it feels slow. Even my old LX Hatch which ran a 10 second quarter didn't take long to get used to the power. Turbo cars are great at giving the impression of going faster then they actually are due to their power delivery.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
How much extra dos the 375 cost you?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Nobody drags a turbo 4 litre. Being embarrassed by a taxi ain't the look you want from a $100k+ euro car.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Nobody drags a turbo 4 litre. Being embarrassed by a taxi ain't the look you want from a $100k+ euro car.

Exactly. When a dead stock looking falcon is running E85 and 500rwkw.

I don't get anyone wanting to hassle me when I drive the F6. A few when I drive the commodore

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
How much extra dos the 375 cost you?

Hi Bud
They retail i think $6500 i got mine for $6100.. like i say glad i did it, i drove a standard redline and thought that was good power, but this is quicker..

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss

Thats true
that inline 6 of ford is one hell of an engine, even holden guys need to appreciate it for what it is..

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
The package is just an exhaust and otr with a tune. Its not going to all of a sudden make the car a shitload faster.

That 375 number is there to make you warm and fuzzy. In the end its probably actually got ~270-280rwkw. Which, looks is fast coming from a stock car. But out of an I6T thats had that same 6K spent at it or a bike or something similar, its nothing.

Makes me a little sad that people spend 6500 on it, when they couldve spent 4500 on the exact same thing and be on the way to getting the cam fitted.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Loving my W375, gets better every time I drive it, sitting on 2800k's at the moment. Just a couple of points to add though. The LS3 needs at least 8000k's to really free up, so a little patience is needed (if you manage this let me know how). The other thing is the Walkinshaw tune is quite a "safe" tune to help keep their driveline warranty. Once I hit 8000-9000k's I'll be going a cam and valve train update with lower diff gears and re-tune including the trans tuned as well (mines an auto). Should free up some more power. Everything is relative and for most people 375KW/500Hp would be too much, coming from bikes, as you say everything will feel sluggish.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I'm enjoying mine and it is deceptively quick but always in a controlled way. I think a diff change would liven it up but am also very tempted to put on a throttle controller to add some spark (be it perceived spark or not). As most ppl here have said it's all about what you get used to and the perception of input over output and I think a controller alters that perception a little as throttle response is not that great unless the boot is all the way in.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Lol at a quick Commodore. Drive an Audi R8 GT Spyder. 386kW, 0-100 in 3.9 seconds. Driven an R8 GT and that was quick, would love a Spyder.