Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone dissapointed with their W375 Package

Bardygrub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ba fairlane
The package is just an exhaust and otr with a tune. Its not going to all of a sudden make the car a shitload faster.

That 375 number is there to make you warm and fuzzy. In the end its probably actually got ~270-280rwkw. Which, looks is fast coming from a stock car. But out of an I6T thats had that same 6K spent at it or a bike or something similar, its nothing.

Makes me a little sad that people spend 6500 on it, when they couldve spent 4500 on the exact same thing and be on the way to getting the cam fitted.
I'm surprised it took you 17 posts!

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Lol at a quick Commodore. Drive an Audi R8 GT Spyder. 386kW, 0-100 in 3.9 seconds. Driven an R8 GT and that was quick, would love a Spyder.

Is all relative man. I'm sure it is quick compared to other cars but slow compared to others. Sledging ppls perceptions is a pretty ordinary trait and only shows floors in your own character. All good though every one entitled to their own opinion...but your end caption should read "I said it so it must be right and if you'd like a second opinion then ask me again".

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Is all relative man. I'm sure it is quick compared to other cars but slow compared to others. Sledging ppls perceptions is a pretty ordinary trait and only shows floors in your own character. All good though every one entitled to their own opinion...but your end caption should read "I said it so it must be right and if you'd like a second opinion then ask me again".

I'm simply pointing out that there is a "fast" car and there is a Commodore.

I'm not sledging anything, peoples perceptions need to be expanded beyond the circle around the Lion. I understand brand loyalty, but a Commodore is not a fast car.

For the record, my end caption is a quote by someone else, I didn't say it.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Just came back from another drive in my boss's GTS which has the Harrop 530kw kit.

Basically under $110k and you have a car with stratospheric power levels, and still drives like a daily , not like some spitting, farting, whiny modded cars I've seen. This thing would probably see off everything bar the top level supercars, so the Commodores aren't all that bad :)

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I'm simply pointing out that there is a "fast" car and there is a Commodore.

I'm not sledging anything, peoples perceptions need to be expanded beyond the circle around the Lion. I understand brand loyalty, but a Commodore is not a fast car.

For the record, my end caption is a quote by someone else, I didn't say it.

True it's not a fast car comparative to other cars but in the same vain it is a fast car compared to others....as I said is all relative and I think mostly all ppl understand that. Starting a sentence with "Lol at a quick Commodore" is denigratory and it matters not how you justify it to yourself nor the self flagellation usage of "Nuff said really" the point is you are using it whether someone else said it or not.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Everything is relative isn't it?

I can and I will continue to laugh when people refer to a Commodore as quick. It may be faster than a Cortina, but it's not a fast car, it's a big family sedan, it has it's purpose. There are fast cars out there, but the Commodore ain't one. Sure, you can throw a ton of money at it and make it faster, but it is what it is.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
My mates blown VF R8 pumps out 470rwkw (about 570fwkw). Not all Commodores are slow. Only N/A ones

Forced induction is the only way to go if you want a tough car

The rest are just nice daily drives

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Just came back from another drive in my boss's GTS which has the Harrop 530kw kit.

Basically under $110k and you have a car with stratospheric power levels, and still drives like a daily , not like some spitting, farting, whiny modded cars I've seen. This thing would probably see off everything bar the top level supercars, so the Commodores aren't all that bad :)

Research suggests those harrop 530kw are making 390-400rwkw. I reckon 400rwkw is perfect for the street. Anymore and it's just so difficult to get traction

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Research suggests those harrop 530kw are making 390-400rwkw. I reckon 400rwkw is perfect for the street. Anymore and it's just so difficult to get traction

Yeah, the dyno sheet had 541bhp, which equates to around 401rwkw. Still a very drivable car