Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got an SIDI Car? Whats it like?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
haha, nah mate, another thread we had a ford troll who bags holden all the time on the ls1 forums saying the xr6's were faster, I provided plenty of comparisons, he then changed his tune to 'speed isn't applicable in the real world'

I understand what ya mean, I just like stirring the ford trolls.

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
haha all good mate, the alloytec is definately a motor with potential, awesome once it gets above 3500rpm, and the vvt starts to take effect (variable inlet manifold as well, amongst other things) no arguments there, but i never use it in that range.... it is really the opposite of how i'd like it to be, i'd sacrafise top end to get some more low end power...

re the ford 6 V alloytec 6: its probably more just that ford got the setup on there's more so right from the factory - in my opinion of course...

i've thought about selling mine, but just not sure... done fark all km's, never flogged etc etc, too good to sell really.... i'm currently doing research, thinking very seriously about a turbo or prefferably two small turbo's on the sv6... that will shut the ford boys up a bit... trouble is they're power path has already been smoothed and concreted, tested etc... i'm heading up whats really an unknown track, and nobody really can help with outcomes...

would be nice to be able to even just get a tune done, removing the anti abuse **** so we could gain some torque... i'm not wanting to wreck the new car/factory look feeling... want it reliable, quiet, etc - thats why i haven't fitted manifold insulators - cant get the engine cover to fit again then... havent fitted a cai, haven't done any mods at all, except some trico wiper washer fluid in the washer bottle :) lol

oh well, see what happens i guess

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Has anyone taken sidi for 1/4 mile run ??

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
nope, i'll be doing that after the extractors and the cold air intake if i can get my mates to take theirs along for a spin (xr5 and 180sx)

edit: but apparently as in Kuzmans signature it's 14.6, at least I know if i start pulling that or anything above 14.6, that the work done made no difference.