Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are 5 litre manuals in VS executive rare

Hkmonaroman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Yes I didn’t think the seat would have been original some one has put them in for sure
The car looks clean and it’s what I’m after and he seems like a nice person and sometimes you just have to go on your gut feeling .. thanks for the thread

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
rare?... not really imo
I know of 2 guys who have them
daily drivers around Melbourne, done in excess on 200k
Exec Manual V8s are a bit rare more rare the later the model, I've seen a few VX exec Gen3s manuals but never a vy(think cop only exec v8s I. By vz were auto only).

To OP if you want it and happy with price go for it.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Didn’t many of the bt1’s have the ss interior but no exterior ss kit? The ss is an executive base after all

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The ss is an executive base after all

Yes it really was only an Exec with a V8 fitted and not much else. That's why I felt it was such a rip off at the time when they were issued. Not even a Sports Dash, how average they were, thus why not that many were actually sold. They certainly weren't good value for the money.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Didn’t many of the bt1’s have the ss interior but no exterior ss kit? The ss is an executive base after all
I remember in late 90s look at 2 VS SS's(ended up buying a statesman)
SS Green Botanic auto 96 twin airbags full power windows
95 SS white manual no airbags??? thought that was really odd

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
They originally came out with no air bag fitted in early 1995 (Series 1), but as production went on air bags became far more common and as such they and power windows were being pushed quite heavily by the dealership network, thus many later variants had quite a few optional extras fitted as in standard equipment they were rather plain and boring, just a V8 with some extra bits of body work added along with different cloth trim inside and a set of 5 spoke alloy wheels. Steering wheel was standard Executive along with the instrument cluster being just a Level 2 dash. This topic of Level 2 SS Instrument clusters has been discussed and debated many times over on this forum so I won't go into it again.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Sellers says unmodified yet that has been lowered and has pacies.

Coupled with previous claim of factory SS seats, makes me wonder about sellers knowledge / integrity.

Agreed, something doesn't feel quite right about it. Can't pinpoint it but it just feels 'off'.

Lack of detailed pics raises flags too, particularly when he's trying to unload it for a (relatively) sky high price.