Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are all W375 packs the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I think Monstar added a lot of value too.......

Is this thread the only reason he got banned?

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Me 2 Most of us have got pretty thick skins on here, we should be able to engage with each other in an open and direct way, no offence was taken by anyone.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
What did I miss?

wIk7s0eb.png

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I agree with the others, Monster is very helpful and not a troll who deserves a ban.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Back to the thread, I recently read a magazine that put like 10 tuners up in a comparison of sorts for mods on the Mustang, lap times, qrt miles, 0-100 etc, as well as driveability, does anyone know of a comparison for tuners of the LS3? I would be curious to see what the real world difference is instead of just seat of the pants feel as a judgement, for instance according to a popular car mag, the walky 407 treatment, so we are talking 100 plus kws extra, gives a net gain of 0.3 seconds for 0-100, that's alot of dollars for bugger all.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I’ve tried Walkinshaw and I’ve been very vocal about them being overpriced and a bit soft on compared to some other tunes but I do understand why people go for them.

That warranty is very enticing and if something goes amiss and they honour their commitment then that’s a big plus.

I also believe most of their rebranded parts are good quality it just cheaper to purchase them from the original supplier.

So nothing wrong with Walkinshaw as such, it’s just pricey because you’re paying for the warranty and the tune is softer to given them a bit of slack in the reliability stakes which is another factor that can only offer a bit more peace of mind for the owner.

Still they're not the option I'd take.

16SSWag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SS Black wagon
Little harsh, given his contribution to the forum but I'm not the admin.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
I’ve tried Walkinshaw and I’ve been very vocal about them being overpriced and a bit soft on compared to some other tunes but I do understand why people go for them.

That warranty is very enticing and if something goes amiss and they honour their commitment then that’s a big plus.

I also believe most of their rebranded parts are good quality it just cheaper to purchase them from the original supplier.

So nothing wrong with Walkinshaw as such, it’s just pricey because you’re paying for the warranty and the tune is softer to given them a bit of slack in the reliability stakes which is another factor that can only offer a bit more peace of mind for the owner.

Still they're not the option I'd take.

The one thing holding me back, is I do mostly open road driving and seek out twisty fun stuff when I do take the car out, at the moment it grips very well, power just about everywhere through the rev range, and at the drop of a hat. The last thing I would want to have after spending heaps of coin, is a badge, and a car that essentially is louder and does about the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.