Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF's going to be collectables?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
My money is on VE GTS Series 3 25th addition, that is some serious sex. Sure the VF performs better but realistically, the future will judge the VF as just a rebadge of the VE.

Come at me boys.
The last of the E3's were the first Clubbies and Maloo's to have the same output as the GTS's.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
What a fantastic word, I have to figure out how I can get that into my vocabulary.

Seriously, that was probably the most pertinent post on this forum that I have read.

My money is on VE GTS Series 3 25th addition, that is some serious sex. Sure the VF performs better but realistically, the future will judge the VF as just a rebadge of the VE.

Come at me boys.

Thanks for the kind words. I agree that the VE GTS will be hot property. I tried to get a hold of one this year but the only one in my price range was a repaired write off for around 22k IIRC. Ended up getting the VE SSV I’ve got now.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Auction this week from Shannons saw a brand new Director in Heron White passed in at $67.5k:

https://www.shannons.com.au/auction...2yoZYYFfPAXoo9866YR5MhgiSZxyQpObxEbx0iKvaBb_s

I prefer to live in reality compared to those sellers on Carsales and second hand dealers jacking up prices ridiculously. They will become collectables someday but the price will always come down to one’s willingness to pay and it’s evident that even amongst the rarest of the final V8s the price isn’t going for the astronomical figures some were thinking!

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I'm not sure the VE or VF will last another 20 or 30 years.

Lots of plastic and tricky electronics, plus they are pretty heavy.

In my opinionated opinion the VZ was the last good Commodore.

The best? For me, the VK Calais, second choice is the VL Calais, pretty light, the perfect platform for a full sized 4 door.

The VK-VL were the cars I went looking for at the beginning of the year, I couldn't justify the price of one for a daily hack that I can play with, do some drags and skids and park it somewhere where it would still be there when I returned 6 hours later.

The VX was a comprimise, but still fun.

That thing will be worth the sum of its parts when I'm finished with it.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The problem with the latest V8 Commodore variants is owners are more likely to look after them or even store them which means more will be around reducing the value of the entry level and mid priced cars.

There are only a handful of makes and models from the 70's that commandeer high prices and they are helped along by hardly anyone at the time realising they may be worth something someday.

The late models don't have that luxury.

Add to the mix as a generation dies off the monetary value of the toys of their youth tend to depreciate.

Today many of the older run of the mill classic from the 70's can be had for much the same price as a new car which when you take into account the costs of years of maintenance and upkeep and possible restoration means if you live long enough you won't turn a profit.

I collect new parts for my cars and store them in my shed, I've been doing this sort of thing for years and by the time I finish buying up for my VF2 Ute I'll almost be able build a new one from scratch.

There's good money in NOS parts 30 or so years after they've gone out of production.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I'm not sure the VE or VF will last another 20 or 30 years.

Lots of plastic and tricky electronics, plus they are pretty heavy.

There will always be people with the skills to repair/refurbish old parts and electronics and if there is a market available there will be people offering that service.

Plus if the make and model is popular reproduction parts will be available.

I see reproduction parts like GTS dashes for 70's Holdens and Toranas but what really amazes me is that there are people out there with unbelievable skills to restore your genuine ones.

As I said, if there's a market there'll be people offering a service.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There's good money in NOS parts 30 or so years after they've gone out of production.
Definitely, and those who own older cars like me know it.