Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the Car Salesman...

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ok i sent a pm to darren but i didn't get any reply yet anyhow. but why do i have to be the one to pm darren about this. i mean i am not the one who occused someone of lieing about something when it was 100% truth. as i said if you don't beleive it i will give you the number and you ring the dealer. speak to the salesman there, otherwise get fuc^ed and stop calling me a lier, at least say it to my face and don't use an internet forum to hide behind.

scv6calais i have received your pm, unfortunatly im unable to take action on this as the infracaction in my mind is warranted.
it there-fore stands. pm us in a few weeks asking us to review the matter, but untill the leson is learnt your infraction will stand

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
hi garth, thanks for the speedy reply. this does upset me, i was on jc almost every night it was something i did to unwind after work. i still cannot beleive what has happened as a result os this childish crap from 12voltking and as a much as i appriciate you and how you would be willing to review it in a couple of weeks, i don't think at this stage that i wish to be a part of just commodores anymore. i thought during my stay at just commdores that i had helped quite a few people, and i even got rep from people reguarding this incident (wishing that i would come out on top of 12volt) so obviously i had a few supporters who felt that 12volts comment were un warranted

none the less i do realise that some things i did were wrong, but so were some of 12volt's actions and i am sure he didn't get what i got. you must remember that infact it was his childish un-educated comments that started this.

so to all at jc thanks for a enjoyable time and i fairwell you.
and to 12volt i do appologize for my harsh comments, but i still stand my ground on the first story being true, and i do think that you owe me an apology.

a final cheer to all from scv6calais
(matt)

p.s. maybe in a couple of moths i will feel different about this and may end up pm-ing you, but i am not sure as i feel unequal paneltys were dealt. there was faults at both side and think the majority on 12volts because he was the one who replied something that was, put quite pure and simple asking for a ****-stir from me.

have fun and never ever forget my one true idol, peter perfect brock.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Hope you will be back soon.Unless people can prove a lie has been told they should just shut up.
I myself know a man who entered a ford dealership in the early eighties and inquired about an XE ESP fairmont ghia 351 4spd in factory black(one of i think 200 ever made in this colour)and they laughed at him and told him to leave.They didnt think he could afford it because of the way he was dressed(he was a farmer).He went home and returned the next day and payed cash for it.
These things happen and i dont know why somebody should just flat out call him a liar.
Someone should pull his head in.:mad:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
hey... i have a question. how come when you are trading a car and its an absolute pile o **** they give you top dollar? my sister just traded her VX S for 11K and i reckon its worth no more then 8K cos it was in a major accident before she bought it and its falling apart now..

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
hey... i have a question. how come when you are trading a car and its an absolute pile o **** they give you top dollar? my sister just traded her VX S for 11K and i reckon its worth no more then 8K cos it was in a major accident before she bought it and its falling apart now..

Simple really Troy :) It's all a numbers game. Lets say you want to purchase a car that has a sticker price of 25,000 and that they paid 20,000 for the car. The lowest they will sell the car for is PROBABLY 21,000 but more then likely will go no lower then 22,000.

So, now your sister goes in and they interview her to find out what she wants and she canb't stop ranting and raving about her current car. The salesperson was probably wondering what she was even doing trying to trade.

Now, when they found the car that she wants they will need to appraise her current car. Lets say they think it's only worth 8,000 but they know full well that she is going to crap her pants at 8,000 and probably get up and walk out of the dealership. So, instead of discounting the car 3,000 they might raise the cost of the trade in.

So, one way of doing it would be this....
-3,000 Discount
-8,000 Trade Value
= 14,000

Now, thats what I might do if someone came in saying that they were going to pay the absolute lowest price for the car. Now, in your sisters case she was probably wanting best trade value si the deal culd've looked something like this ;)

= 14,000

In effect it looks to you and your sister that we just paid her 11,000 for her car when in reality we gave her a 3,000 discount and paid only 8,000

another way we be something like this...

-1,500 discount
-9,500 trade value

-1,000 discount
-10,000 trade value

As you can see it's really a simple numbers game. move a couple of digits and the entire deal changes

A dealership will never pay more then your car is worth. In the end your sisters is happy with a great new car and she feels that the deal was fair and the dealership is happy as they have sold another car and paid a great price for a great trade in.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
The way I would do it if the salesman won't haggle to your terms,walk out and go to another car yard.There are plenty of them around and it isn't the end of the world.It would be his loss.

Thats all well and good but what if you really are being unreasonable? The salesman will ALWAYS negotiate to your terms only IF her really can sell the car on those terms. It is a business, don't expect a business to sell you a product for less then what it cost them.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Simple really Troy :) It's all a numbers game. Lets say you want to purchase a car that has a sticker price of 25,000 and that they paid 20,000 for the car. The lowest they will sell the car for is PROBABLY 21,000 but more then likely will go no lower then 22,000.

So, now your sister goes in and they interview her to find out what she wants and she canb't stop ranting and raving about her current car. The salesperson was probably wondering what she was even doing trying to trade.

Now, when they found the car that she wants they will need to appraise her current car. Lets say they think it's only worth 8,000 but they know full well that she is going to crap her pants at 8,000 and probably get up and walk out of the dealership. So, instead of discounting the car 3,000 they might raise the cost of the trade in.

So, one way of doing it would be this....
-3,000 Discount
-8,000 Trade Value
= 14,000

Now, thats what I might do if someone came in saying that they were going to pay the absolute lowest price for the car. Now, in your sisters case she was probably wanting best trade value si the deal culd've looked something like this ;)

= 14,000

In effect it looks to you and your sister that we just paid her 11,000 for her car when in reality we gave her a 3,000 discount and paid only 8,000

another way we be something like this...

-1,500 discount
-9,500 trade value

-1,000 discount
-10,000 trade value

As you can see it's really a simple numbers game. move a couple of digits and the entire deal changes

A dealership will never pay more then your car is worth. In the end your sisters is happy with a great new car and she feels that the deal was fair and the dealership is happy as they have sold another car and paid a great price for a great trade in.

That is exactly what I spent years trying to explain to friends. Too many went for a car at say $10000 because it was $4000 cheaper than one down the road at a big dealership and just as good. Changeover was always higher on the cheaper car though.
People love to think they have got a bargain and enjoy telling others the sticker price, they usually fail to mention the actual cost from their own pocket though.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
the actual cost from their own pocket though.

And that is the exact area where you should be thinking if you got a deal or not.