Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
^^^ im pretty sure it was a joke.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yeah cause violence is definately the best way to deal with everything, it sets a stellar example for the kiddies you are so dedicated to protecting and definately helps you take a step up to that high moral ground your preaching about. Think about it if you go and do something like that you are just as much of an idiot as this dude.

Generally when one makes a post, then says how to fix it at the end, it usually implies the first part was a joke.

Tadgh

itsjustasix
Reaction score
Members Ride
blown VS executive SII, 5sp
LOL my bad, i didn't read the entire post and took it completely out of context. Don't i feel like the fool now. Apologies there Minux. :thumbsup:

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
They need to ban worse things than smoking first.

Lets see,
a) Mothers driving with kids, there should be a soundproof window seperating front and back to stop mothers trying to do **** for kids while doing 120 in a 80 zone
b) Mothers doing 120 in an 80 zone while trying to stop her kids fighting while on the phone trying to look in the mirror to do her make up.
c) Mothers doing 120 in an 80 zone while trying to feed said kids, while on a mobile phone trying to do make up while talking to her mothers club partner about the up coming bake sale.

Think my point is driven enough?

d) Police who do 120+ in a 100 zone are setting a great example for the public, if you people can do 120 then why can't everyone else? Using the "it could be emergency" excuse is a crock of **** as you usually catch up with them by the second set of lights after the 100 zone stops.
e) Police who do 100+ in an 80 zone and stop promptly for each light, if you are allowed to do it, than so can everyone else.
f) Old farts who do 30 in a 60 zone then drive at the speed limit with their high beam on because you overtook their camry with no effort and never passing the speedlimit.
g) Old farts who do 70 in a 100 zone and 100 in a 70 zone.

I think making rules to stop these sort of road exercises would be a great start to making our roads safer. I think if police LEAD by example it would probably help just a little also.

I've gotten done for speeding, 92 in a 60 zone. Yes i regret it. $350 and 6 points would do that so i can see exactly where your coming from...

I was overtaking this guy that was doing 25 (TWENTY FIVE!!) in a sixty zone for over a 2k's. Double lines so i couldnt overtake and i didnt think it would be safe to do it anyways becuase there was to much on comming traffic. So at the instant i could get around him i did. Pushed it, i flew past, got the high beam treatment. etc etc

Then about 50-70 metres after overtaking him a coppa jumps OUT OF A BUSH!! he hid his bike in the actual bush. I had to brake so hard and swerve not to hit him.

What im getting at is that people that take the **** on the roads by driving 25 in a sixty zone for no appearant reason cause more accidents then prevent them.

I've had the honour of travelling to every state in australia and its literally as soon as your cross the boarder the attitude changes. QLD is the worse. You've got a better chance of getting somewhere if you stay in the left hand lane. No one moves over. People pull out infront of you, tailgate the list goes on... and dont bloody says thanks!! HOW HARD IS IT TO RIASE YOUR HAND?!?!

Sorry had a get get it out. Driving to work is the most stressful experience of my day and i see something new everytime. People reading newspapers, putting makeup on, every 3rd car on the phone, saw one lady on her laptop the other day. I'd be racking in the revenue if i was a cop. :dance:

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
I've gotten done for speeding, 92 in a 60 zone. Yes i regret it. $350 and 6 points would do that so i can see exactly where your coming from...

I was overtaking this guy that was doing 25 (TWENTY FIVE!!) in a sixty zone for over a 2k's. Double lines so i couldnt overtake and i didnt think it would be safe to do it anyways becuase there was to much on comming traffic. So at the instant i could get around him i did. Pushed it, i flew past, got the high beam treatment. etc etc

So you had 35kph to play with while overtaking and not get pinched, but for some reason you needed to go 67kph faster to get around him, that would translate to overtaking some on the highway doing 100 at 167! Would you do that too?

Then about 50-70 metres after overtaking him a coppa jumps OUT OF A BUSH!! he hid his bike in the actual bush. I had to brake so hard and swerve not to hit him.

That's because you were doing 32 KPH over the speed limit!!!

What im getting at is that people that take the **** on the roads by driving 25 in a sixty zone for no appearant reason cause more accidents then prevent them.

REALLY??? You are kidding aren't you? let us all know how!

I've had the honour of travelling to every state in australia and its literally as soon as your cross the boarder the attitude changes. QLD is the worse. You've got a better chance of getting somewhere if you stay in the left hand lane. No one moves over. People pull out infront of you, tailgate the list goes on... and dont bloody says thanks!! HOW HARD IS IT TO RIASE YOUR HAND?!?!

Sorry had a get get it out. Driving to work is the most stressful experience of my day and i see something new everytime. People reading newspapers, putting makeup on, every 3rd car on the phone, saw one lady on her laptop the other day. I'd be racking in the revenue if i was a cop. :dance:

That's all good, and trust me I see crazy sh*t like that too, every day! But still haven't actually ever seen or in-fact heard of a person doing 25KPH in any speed zone 'CASUE' an accident! Impatient drivers behind said slow drivers CAUSE accidents!

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
wow loads of swings there... so your saying you could comfortably and patiently sit behind someone thats going really slow for 2k's... i doubt it very much man. when your doing 25ks, 2km's takes FOREVER. people that dont know how to drive cause accidents. people that dont indicate cause accidents. people that show off, cause accidents. People that dont know the rules cause accidents!

so you've never speed, never thought i should have stopped at that red light? where i got done wasnt a residental area, it was a long country back road. i know it doesnt matter, but i wouldnt have gone that fast in a residental area, no way! im not bloody stupid. I've learnt from it and i dont speed. simple The car doesnt kill its the person behind it.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
wow loads of swings there... so your saying you could comfortably and patiently sit behind someone thats going really slow for 2k's... i doubt it very much man. when your doing 25ks, 2km's takes FOREVER. people that dont know how to drive cause accidents. people that dont indicate cause accidents. people that show off, cause accidents. People that dont know the rules cause accidents!

so you've never speed, never thought i should have stopped at that red light? where i got done wasnt a residental area, it was a long country back road. i know it doesnt matter, but i wouldnt have gone that fast in a residental area, no way! im not bloody stupid. I've learnt from it and i dont speed. simple The car doesnt kill its the person behind it.

I think you'll find Helly's point was more the fact that it's not necessary to travel 32 kph over the speed limit to overtake a vehicle doing 25 kph.

I don't know bout anyone else , but I don't know of any "long country back road" thats 60 kph, full of traffic, with a cop on a bike in a bush. Maybe 80 kph and a cop in a 4WD would be a bit more believable.

Resedential area or not, speeding is speeding. There's no excuse for it. But if you learnt your lesson and no one got injured, then I guess it's a good thing.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
its near my house, hard to explain. where i live on the coast its a developing area, so it still has long straight country like roads. they down graded the speed limit to 60 from 80 cus they were making the road a dual..dual lane if that makes sense. at the time it was when everyone is coming home from work so there was a car every couple hundred meters plus being double lines because of the road works. Apologises to helly for the out burst. I didn’t even realise what speed I was doing until he gave me the ticket. I just put the pedal to the metal (cliché) and it just launched going from 25 to 92 in a matter of seconds

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
But still haven't actually ever seen or in-fact heard of a person doing 25KPH in any speed zone 'CASUE' an accident! Impatient drivers behind said slow drivers CAUSE accidents!

that's a bit subjective isn't it?

if you agree the person behind doesn't have all day and has a right to progress at a reasonable speed, you'd have to accept driving at 25 km/h in front of someone contributes to their decision to overtake.

it's a bit like saying standing out the front of a pub on saturday night and inviting people to king hit you isn't dangerous, because hitting someone is against the law. common sense would suggest otherwise.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Ive got a Hypothetical for Helly, lets say I know someone who got flashed by a speed camera on the highway over 40km over the speed limit with their opens in QLD, I read that there is a $700 fine, 8 points and 6 month suspension due. Do you know if the person would get a good behavior licence opportunity for 1 year on 1 point or would they HAVE to serve 6 month suspension? Thanks in advance.