Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

black betty vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series2 S pack v6
arrrg! vt SERIES 2 MANUAL 5SP

HEY got a vt series 2 vt commodore sedan 5 sp manual with cruise control , problem is the indicator switch played up stayed on etc wont click on off etc so got anopther from wreckers an still same ol fault now thinking further in got a manual here and im looking towards clock spring , are these easy to do urself james

matgee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
Hey Bob

History first

Just bought a VK Calais 3.3 EFI, not running had a new timing gear assembly installed but they had never got around to putting radiator back in etc.
Now my problem is it won’t start, put a new coil on, have good blue spark at plugs
Had to re orientate the Dizzy as they had the vacuum connection at the back of the motor, now OK. Number 1 is TDV and points are at no 1 position.

How do you check if the fuel is getting through with fuel injectors, it’s not like the old carby jobs where you can drop some juice down the barrel.

Your advice would be a great help right now.

Thanks

Mat

jdepps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S ute
VY small round park light replacement

Hey Doc, Im about to replace a blown globe on the driver side VY SS ute, what is the easiest way change the little round parker globe.

commodorekid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
no fuel

Hey Dr Bob, my VP wagon was making whizzing sound from the fuel pump for the last 5 months, it's on dual fuel, but I run 98% on gas. yesterday night it just said "no" , no fuel pump noise at all and it won't start.
I changed the pump with a new one and the damn thing still doesn't work.
well it's ok on the bench , but not in the tank. the black and purple wire going to it seem fine and ther's electricity going to them but when the ignition gets turned on , ................ nothing. the computer codes read 12,.. which is the all clear, I've got sparks but no fuel!! any suggestions?

timVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRV6 ute
vs series2 acclaim s/wagon bcm into series2 vr ute

hi just brought a series 2 vr ute and the central locking doesent work so was wondering if i can just swap the bcm and coded keys from my series2 vs wagon as i am also installing cruise control and have heard i need to swap bcm. both bcms are low sereies but the one in the ute has ute written on it any help would be great.

timVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRV6 ute
location of cruise control relay holder on my vr series 2 ute

tried searching the foroums but cant se to find the location of the cruise control realy in my vr v6 series2 ute on my vs wagon it was above the fusebox in the cabin as i was trying to install it into my vr ute but cant find the cruise control relay holder and all the other wiring for the cruise was there just had to plug in cruise items from vs can any one tell me where else the relay spot could be on a vr.

waveracer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pac
Indicators not working..

Hi Bob

Darlene here, I have a problem with my VX again.... The light went out on the rev counter first, then the indicators started making weird clicking noises when I would turn them on. They would keep making the noise after I had turned them off. Then yesterday they wouldn't come on at all when I tried to turn them on. Then some smoke came from the plastic part on the steering colum (im guessing all the wiring is behind there)? So im not sure if you can help me to let me know what the problem is, should I still drive the car as I don't want something to catch fire.

Hope you can help, Thanks Bob
Darlene

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Hi Bob

Darlene here, I have a problem with my VX again.... The light went out on the rev counter first, then the indicators started making weird clicking noises when I would turn them on. They would keep making the noise after I had turned them off. Then yesterday they wouldn't come on at all when I tried to turn them on. Then some smoke came from the plastic part on the steering colum (im guessing all the wiring is behind there)? So im not sure if you can help me to let me know what the problem is, should I still drive the car as I don't want something to catch fire.

Hope you can help, Thanks Bob
Darlene

Will most likely be the relay that has fried itself, which is located underneath the steering wheel.

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
Hi Bob,
I was wondering if you could tell me where I could get some information on the VY/VZ dash cluster inputs?
I'm installing a VY dash into a 1985 Pontiac TransAM with 350chev TPI and T700r4 transmission and would like to get the gauges working if at all possible, just need to know if the tacho can be run from the dizzy signal, if a vss from a commodore would get the speedo working, and fuel sender to get the fuel gauge working?

Status
Not open for further replies.