Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Dimming Mirror - VF2 Installation

Phillbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Black Edition V8
Auto dimming mirror fitted and working as advertised.....why oh why didn't Holden fit these as standard across the range!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Why oh why didn’t Holden fit electrochromatic rear mirror in the cabin and left and right exterior electrochromatic mirrors as standard?

Cheap tight arise is why..

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Passenger side mirrors that dip when reversing would have been a good idea.

The first thing I do when pulling up to reverse park is take my eyes away from everything to concentrate on angling the mirror so I don't scrub my rims on the kerb face or look to see if I'm inside the parking bay lines.

But then I also didn't get a 'Jesus Handle' or electric seat adjustment in a $60K car.

Cheap isn't the word I'd use.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Passenger side mirrors that dip when reversing would have been a good idea.

Like the dimming rear view mirror, the dipping mirror was Calais V spec.

Should have been on the rest of em I feel

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Left outside mirror dips on reverse in my Motorsport which helps me in avoiding scraping my rims :cool: However it can be mildly annoying at times as it decide on its own that it’s dipped long enough and it goes back to normal. So, sometimes I find myself shifting into drive and then back into reverse again just to have the outside mirror dip again and complete my parking :p Hope it’s just me being slow at reverse parking and not some odd fault :rolleyes:

But electrochromatic mirrors serve a different function. They are generally used to automatically avoid the driver being blinded by the idiot behind who won’t dip their high beams, which requires all three mirrors to be electrochromatic and auto dip when the cabin’s rear vision mirror detects too much light…

Heck, IIRC, some US Chevy SS? owners were even asking JC members whether out LHD drivers outside mirror was electrochromatic so they could raid out spare parts stocks and upgrade their RHD passenger mirror (to match their electorchromatic drivers outside mirror)…

Seems that down under Holden solve 1/3 of the problem in some Calais variants while in the USA they solved 2/3 of the problem in the Chevy SS.

Yes, should have been standard across all variants as it could be argued it’s a safety measure ;)

MY066.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Holden Calais 6.0
Was it necessary to remove the glove box? Cheers

Phillbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Black Edition V8
Yes, it is. Accessing the DOC connector would be impossible otherwise - unless you are a trained contortionist that is ;)
Made a multi connection plug which makes access so much easier

1706838831651.jpeg

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Our 2014 Caprice V has this passengers auto dip mirror. Very handle when you manually park the car and you don't want to scrape the rims.
I think this was standard on all WN Caprice V from 2013