Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Dimming Mirror - VF2 Installation

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
the only thing he missed was the reverse trigger so the mirror does not dim when you put the vehicle in reverse which should be triggered by adding 12v+ to the green wire from the reverse light.

I was aware of it but between side mirrors, rev camera and rear sensors I figured I had it covered.

So far, so good :)

ocka02

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV 16 Redline
Did you mean auto-dimming ORVM?
I could be wrong here, but I don't think such an accessory exists for the Commodore/ Calais/ Caprice.
I know that the SS Chev has it on the left side as they complain about it not being on the right side as well. I wish I could find the thread that mentioned "motorsport". I was also thinking of connecting the memory module to the driver's seat. I think it only needs the module, buttons and a new panel. If I can get these done, I will leave it alone, we'll maybe

MY066.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Holden Calais 6.0
Regarding this, I now have a spare one of these mirrors that I will sell cheap- it has a scratch on the mirror about 1cm long otherwise its fine if anyone wants one.
Long shot but have you still got the auto dimming mirror for sale. Cheers

MY066.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Holden Calais 6.0
This "How-To" will assist in the installation of a Holden OEM self dimming rearview mirror.
Hi mate,

Although 7 years on, would you by any chance remember the position of the white/black coloured wires on the original connector before cutting off the connector from the mirror? I've found the male connector and wanted to doing the upgrade without snipping off the original connector.
Your help would be helpful.
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Hi mate,

Although 7 years on, would you by any chance remember the position of the white/black coloured wires on the original connector before cutting off the connector from the mirror? I've found the male connector and wanted to doing the upgrade without snipping off the original connector.
Cheers
Where did you source the auto dimming mirror from? I asked my local (ex) Holden dealer but they have no clue about how to source one.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Hi mate,

Cheers
Sorry mate, I can barely remember doing the job. A lot of water under the bridge since then :)
I'll have a look tomorrow and see if the connector is in my auto-electrical collection (read box on the shelf) but I'm fairly sure I would have binned it,

edit: no luck mate, All manner of strange objects collected over decades but not the culprit you're looking for. Would the workshop manual (used to be a link here to download it) have the necessary detail?

Last edited:

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Where did you source the auto dimming mirror from? I asked my local (ex) Holden dealer but they have no clue about how to source one.
There's one here. That's about what I paid from Holden

There's a few on US ebay as well.

Phillbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Black Edition V8
I know i'm necro'ing an old thread but could someone advise on where the closest reverse trigger connection would be located please?