Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Transmission issue

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I get your point, and recognise the clunk into drive is just an adjustment, but what did Holden say about the noise turning right? I’ve read something on Chevy SS forum about the US passenger side (our driver) “creaks”, seems to be something worth pointing out.
I've currently an issue with the dealer who doesn't like to carry a cost for their stuff ups so i've lost faith in them and think i need to find another dealer. As such, I haven't taken the MSE to have the right turn clunk and drive clunk sorted as I hardly drive it at the moment. I'll post what the outcome is when i do take it in.Any links you can provide to the Chevy SS thread could be helpfuul as it seems raedingthese forums, the dealer service department needs a helping hand :confused:
You can book your car in anytime to get the rattles and creaks sorted, just saying dri-lube, pushbike inner tube, some fluted card and zip ties are handy otherwise.
On my and other friends out of warranty vehicles, i've fixed many odd noises and returned them to an as new 'squeekless" state. I just don't feel like doing that with such a new machine but i also don't like going to the dealer all the time so my list of issues is growing ;)
BTW price you paid or didn’t pay or are gonna pay has nothing to do with the problem, things need adjustment as they settle in.
True in a general sence but my i30 didn't have such settling in issues o_O Having said that and jinxed myself, i'll hit a bump and the i30 front will fall off :eek:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I've currently an issue with the dealer who doesn't like to carry a cost for their stuff ups so i've lost faith in them and think i need to find another dealer. As such, I haven't taken the MSE to have the right turn clunk and drive clunk sorted as I hardly drive it at the moment. I'll post what the outcome is when i do take it in.Any links you can provide to the Chevy SS thread could be helpfuul as it seems raedingthese forums, the dealer service department needs a helping hand :confused:
On my and other friends out of warranty vehicles, i've fixed many odd noises and returned them to an as new 'squeekless" state. I just don't feel like doing that with such a new machine but i also don't like going to the dealer all the time so my list of issues is growing ;)
True in a general sence but my i30 didn't have such settling in issues o_O Having said that and jinxed myself, i'll hit a bump and the i30 front will fall off :eek:
What build number is your MSE?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
What build number is your MSE?
It’s a September 2017 built MSE.

Maybe a Monday built vehicle or simply getting close to factory shutdown where workers care much less about what they are doing and quality slips.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
It’s a September 2017 built MSE.

Maybe a Monday built vehicle or simply getting close to factory shutdown where workers care much less about what they are doing and quality slips.
No the SE edition. XXXX of 1200?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
No the SE edition. XXXX of 1200?
Yeah, i know what the LE build number is but i don't really want to provide such identifiable info just in case i end up in a bun fight with the Dealer/Holden.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I wonder what Holden would do if some vehicle with a 7 year warranty suffered such a fault at one year old. Would they provide a recoed box with a six year warranty? I'd want the box warranted for 7 years in such a case o_O

The business I work with sells heavy duty construction equipment, i.e. yellow goods such as wheel loaders, excavators, articulated dump trucks etc as well as on road and off road prime movers.

Any defect rectification work undertaken during the warranty period is warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period.

This also applies to spare parts purchased by a customer that have a defect and are replaced under their applicable warranty.

So applying this principal to your scenario, the box replaced at the end of year 1 would be warranted for the next 6 years, being to expiry of the original 7 year warranty period. If it cacked itself at say year 3, the replacement under warranty would be warranted for the remaining 4 years. Cacked itself at say 6 yrs and 11 months, then you would get 1 month warranty from the manufacturer.

This can obviously be blurred late in the 7 year warranty period when the manufacturer (or their dealer) is outsourcing the warranty work as is the case with the Holden box with the sub-contractor providing their own separate warranty, in this case 2 yrs.

Of course this doesn't stop purchasers trying to contract us into warranty rectification work for a period equivalent to the original warranty period, but starting from the completion of the rectification work. Again using your scenario as an example, this would mean the customer has a defect rectified at say year 6 and expects another 7 years warranty on that rectification. This is what we call warranty on warranty which simply won't fly.

In my experience, many other goods apply the same principal.

Best to check the wording of Holden's warranty doc to see if it contemplates this scenario. If not, contact HCC on live chat and get their response in writing.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, i know what the LE build number is but i don't really want to provide such identifiable info just in case i end up in a bun fight with the Dealer/Holden.
What's so secret about your build number?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing secret, just don’t feel providing identifiable info is needed.

Why do you feel it is important to know such detail?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing secret, just don’t feel providing identifiable info is needed.

Why do you feel it is important to know such detail?

I just like to know who I'm chatting to.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just like to know who I'm chatting to.
Hi, I’m Skylarking ;)
Who knows, one day we may meet up at some Holden LE meet and we’ll be able to put a face to the JC’s handle :)