Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

battery life

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
My 2016 car is still on its original battery, I went through more batteries for the key fob (2 now) than the actual battery for the car.
My 2014 deteriorated to being slow cranking after 7 years. Bout the right lifespan judging from here.
So new battery next year for you :p

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the charging system is good at hiding a slowly failing battery

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
the charging system is good at hiding a slowly failing battery
Correct - my "drivers display" hardly dropped below 14.9 Volts toward the end of the battery, after 7 years. Even with trickle charging.
New battery spends most of it's time at 12.3 to 12.4 Volts after startup recharge, in the same car.
Not that I'm obsessed or anything.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Correct - my "drivers display" hardly dropped below 14.9 Volts toward the end of the battery, after 7 years. Even with trickle charging.
New battery spends most of it's time at 12.3 to 12.4 Volts after startup recharge, in the same car.
Not that I'm obsessed or anything.
thats what i noticed as well just one day i was like this seems to be charging at 15v for most of its drive time, got it load tested and wasnt good yet still started fine, got a new bigger battery and then it charges at 15v for while after start then varies lower and even on long trips stops charging now and then as its properly charged which is what they are ment to do