Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bcm issue

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Here is a video that will show you where the abs module is, & how to disconnect the harness.
Hope it helps.

Awesome. Thanks for your help. Mightn.t get to it super soon but to have all these ideas of things to check is awesome!! Gus.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Here is a video that will show you where the abs module is, & how to disconnect the harness.
Hope it helps.
I changed the left engine mount a few weeks ago, the manual said to disconnect the earth on the battery so i did. Might i have made another wire worse than it may.ve already been or something when i jacked up the engine?

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Any where from 13.8 to 14.2 no higher than 14.8. Like was said if not your Alternator try removing your ABS harness under the hood see if that sorts things out.

Hi thanks again for trying to help. I got 14.3 at idle on the battery.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
I changed the left engine mount a few weeks ago, the manual said to disconnect the earth on the battery so i did. Might i have made another wire worse than it may.ve already been or something when i jacked up the engine?

The terminals under the slide out plug looked a bit dirty so gave them a clean. We.ll see. Thanks for the vid, will be useful if i go down that road. Makes it simple. Gus.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
When idling, & multimeter (=mm) is reading 14.3, when giving a rev, does the reading from the mm stay steady, or does it give a higher reading? If the reading is higher the alternator is cactus.

Didn.t rev it but deff will and will report. Wouldn.t a fault come up if it was no good? I had one years ago and put new brushes in and the warning light went away. Thanks again.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
When idling, & multimeter (=mm) is reading 14.3, when giving a rev, does the reading from the mm stay steady, or does it give a higher reading? If the reading is higher the alternator is cactus.
I revved it up and the multimeter stayed at 14.3. I did notice there's a little plastic shield on the alternator where the wire from the battery comes to and the shield is broken. Might this affect anything? Thanks again

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I revved it up and the multimeter stayed at 14.3. I did notice there's a little plastic shield on the alternator where the wire from the battery comes to and the shield is broken. Might this affect anything? Thanks again
If the shield is broken enough it will cause shorting out.

Its not the alternator causing the problem, looks more like the abs, or wiring?

You have any hole saws? If so you can make a shield to replace the plastic one. I think the plastic one is called bakerlite?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Question now is was it doing it before removing the battery to do engine mount?

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
03 vy need a tech tool not a scan obd2 tool which wont work, also did you get the right bcm there are different levels, you need to match the number on your original box.