Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bcm issue

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by yz300, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Trevor loves holden.

Trevor loves holden. Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    With the multi touch the 2 pins on the back of the fuse to see if power is present that's what I was saying, since you now narrowed the problem just get a correct ABS module and replace it.

2. yz300

yz300 Member

Members Ride:
    1998 vt wagon
    So from my description of what happened after disconnecting the abs that sounds like the problem? Thanks again for trying to help. Should.ve bloody come here before blowing $800 bucks at the mechanic. Thanks for telling me how to use the multi to test the wires too.

Trevor loves holden. likes this.
  3. Trevor loves holden.

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    Plenty of U-Tube videos showing you how to test things with a multi, this is how I learnt to use it. It sounds like the module to me just remember they have to match your system all it wont work without gremlins .
    Take note of the last 3 numbers to match yours.

4. Trevor loves holden.

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    I would go back to the mechanic and ask for the money back, 800 for not solving nothing that's bs take it up with fair trading, if they couldn't fix it they should not of charged you, something this simple is a known problem with Christmas lights on the dash sounds like that mechanic should not be in business, I hope you have the old bcm and ecu and keys as they are fine so u may be able to sell them to get a little back.

5. yz300

yz300 Member

Members Ride:
    1998 vt wagon
    Thanks for your help. I doubt i.ll get anything back from him. He.ll prob just keep using the "i used second hand parts argument". I.m pissed but learnt a lesson. Got the module number last night. Gus.

6. yz300

yz300 Member

Members Ride:
    1998 vt wagon
    I think i found this earth yesterday. Behind the board like you said. It.s mounted in a tough spot to check the condition of, in between metal panels if you know what i mean. The connection from the wire to the posts seems sound. I can spin the post (maybe it.s riveted) but doesn.t seem to be wobbly etc. Hopefully another abs mod will solve the prob. Thanks again for bothering to try to help someone you.ve never met. Gus.