Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Behind cabin filter - what is this?

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
As for the pdf manual, it’s fine to use.
Enable the side bar to navigate it.

Links are found by using the search/find bar. Copy and paste in the link name. Search through. Link found.
Sure, I do that. But the links would be so much easier as using search finds ALL that you search for. The links would take you immediately to that link. I guess, beggars can't be choosers.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If the firewall insulation is to be destroyed, I found it much easier to remove with the wiper cowl and top of the motor off (intake plenum) Then you can remove it well enough that a template can still be made from it for a replacement.

CarBuilders peel and stick heat shield will look the goods in there. Nicer than the black factory stuff that I fussed too much over.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Sure, I do that. But the links would be so much easier as using search finds ALL that you search for. The links would take you immediately to that link. I guess, beggars can't be choosers.
They only work when logged on to Holdens intranet.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Any chance you can go to a wrecker & find a hvac system already taken out of car? Then examine it, while taking pics?
Yeah Lex, good idea actually. At least it would give me an immediate heads up. Ta

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
If the firewall insulation is to be destroyed, I found it much easier to remove with the wiper cowl and top of the motor off (intake plenum) Then you can remove it well enough that a template can still be made from it for a replacement.

CarBuilders peel and stick heat shield will look the goods in there. Nicer than the black factory stuff that I fussed too much over.
Yes I've got all the plenum removed. Cover over the car when it rains. Wipers back on! Funny car right now, but roadworthy!

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
They only work when logged on to Holdens intranet.
Yeah realise that. Tried to load into Word to maybe do some relinking/save as PDF but its too big. I'd need full Adobe edit PDF rights. Obviously, would not be able to link to any intranet links. More to make navigation much easier/quicker.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
I know this is an old thread, just thought I'd put this up so as to help anyone that wants to replace a broken recirc door with out having to remove the blower housing out of the vehicle.

Have used one of Fu's pics of the recirc door actuator location.

Some procedures such as glovebox removal and windscreen plenum omitted. (I'm sure the interweb has dozens of vid's on how to remove them on a VE Commodore). When I did it I removed plenum scrivets at the front like you would if you were changing the leaf screen to a pollen filter and a few rear plenum scrivets and propped the plastic cover up with a wedge of wood. Yes it's a bit of a squeeze.

Commodore VE replacement recirc door part number included.

Attachments

• HVAC RECIRC DOOR.pdf
    314.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Thx for that VT2. Good write up.

In hindsight (now that it's done of course...) i'm glad i did it the long way as I learned heaps and it allowed me to give it all a really good clean.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
That recirc door in the first photo on page one looks crooked.

Yea the recirc doors can be changed out through the engine bay.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I know this is an old thread, just thought I'd put this up so as to help anyone that wants to replace a broken recirc door with out having to remove the blower housing out of the vehicle.

Have used one of Fu's pics of the recirc door actuator location.

Some procedures such as glovebox removal and windscreen plenum omitted. (I'm sure the interweb has dozens of vid's on how to remove them on a VE Commodore). When I did it I removed plenum scrivets at the front like you would if you were changing the leaf screen to a pollen filter and a few rear plenum scrivets and propped the plastic cover up with a wedge of wood. Yes it's a bit of a squeeze.

Commodore VE replacement recirc door part number included.

If you take the wipers off that whole plenum cover just pops off at the bottom of the windscreen, then when you put it back on you clean the dirt with windscreen washer fluid and spray some silicone spray on the plastic.
It saves it from cracking using a piece of wood to chock it up.