Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bent sway bar links

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hi all just an update on the vibration in the mistress.
I put the original wheels on and went for a drive and there is no vibration at all.

So I’m thinking I have a buckled rear rim so that sucks but I am planning on getting the wheels repaired when the tires need replacing (I bought them second hand and they have gutter rash that I want fixed)

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I also took the car to MCA who said that my driver-side rear spring is faulty and replaced it.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hi all just an update on the vibration in the mistress.
I put the original wheels on and went for a drive and there is no vibration at all.

So I’m thinking I have a buckled rear rim so that sucks but I am planning on getting the wheels repaired when the tires need replacing (I bought them second hand and they have gutter rash that I want fixed)
I’ve read a few instances on these forums of vibrations due to second hand wheels.

Thus, whenever buying second hand rims, it’s prudent to dismount tyres and check the rim runout. Also important to inspect the tyre while it’s off the rim, for any damage inside and out, if one plan to reuse them. It’s not a huge cost and the only way one can be reasonably sure what they've bought, and are putting on their car, is safe to use.

Me, I wouldn’t put those possible bent rims back on the car and drive it until the tyres need replacing, without checking rim and tyre first. Wobbles may cause other damage to vehicle components or the rim may fracture or tyre burst causing a crash. Checking if cheap insurance ;)
I also took the car to MCA who said that my driver-side rear spring is faulty and replaced it.
Glad to here they fixed the issue so now I guess spring seats are at the same height :cool:

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I had the wheels on for about 3 months before the vibration started with out an issue. The tires are probably really ready for replacement but i don’t drive the car much and we have a big holiday in April so it can wait till I get back.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Yer the guys at MCA Geebung are great to deal. At the moment the car looks pretty even in the rear so I’m happy.

I also got them to drill some holes in the boot so that I don’t need to remove the rear suspension to change the dampers so now I can adjust them anytime easily.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

Curious to hear how they ended up finding that out.

RossK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE11 SV6, VF LPG Evoke
Mattricho, anyone else live in your house that didn't go away for those 2 weeks?

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
@_R_J_K_ i don’t know how they coming to the conclusion the spring was stuffed but that’s all they told me and that it was replaced and so far it’s looking ok.

@RossK someones going to be home the whole time we are away but there DEFINITELY not driving the mistress. Lol

RossK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE11 SV6, VF LPG Evoke
Are you sure someone didn't drive it last time, out of balance wheel and a bent sway bar link from sitting for 2 weeks, hmmm?
Just saying.....

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I don’t use the car much so it’s can go up to a month with out being driven.

The guys at MCA did say something about the sway bar links mounted the wrong way as in the left side was on the right vice a versa. I don’t know why they where like that but he told me they put them back the right way and all good.

Also wouldn’t a wheel shop pick up on a bent rim?? I ask because I had the wheels rebalanced and the vibration is still there.