Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bent sway bar links

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Haven't found a good wheel alignment workshop yet but can point to many that have trouble diagnosing bent lower arm... In any case, I thought it was already established within this thread that most tyre places provide poor workmanship :p
That’s one way of doing it but can never be as accurate as a dial gauge which is the method recommended by the vehicle manufacturer when checking runout and also reiterated in the GM service bulletin I’ve seen.

So the fact shops use sight has more to do with performing a quick and easyer (read cheaper) job than anything else. But I must say, at least you check the rim by sight while other shops couldn’t be buggered even doing that :p

I was wanting you to name a shop that uses a dial gauge on the bead seating area, so other users of this forum know where to go, because personally I have never had to use one, nor have I seen these bulletins requiring this work to be performed when balancing a rim/tyre assembley

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
How did mca work out the spring was faulty?
I was only looking at mca street essentials the other day,thinking if i ever wanted to lower my car id get a set,not so sure now,locking screws instead of locking collars and possible spring issues from new,not feeling totally confident about these now,so glad i read this.
Its quite possible it could be a one off but if something brand new is gonna **** up it will happen to me,story of my life tbh,the amount of times sellers have said"gee whiz ive never seen that happen before..."

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hey @Milo 6.0 I don’t know how MCA come to the conclusion the spring was faulty but everything has been all good ever since and the little grub screw works fine nothing has moved sense the last time I adjusted it all (I know because I diligently put the grub screw facing out so I could see if anything’s moving).

I’m very happy with them and the guys at MAC in Brisbane were fantastic to deal with.